Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 03:28 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,460,620 times

Advertisements

Watching season two of "Patriot". What a depressing but oddly fascinatingly at times funny series. I knew I wanted to watch season two, but, I had to be ready and brace myself for its dreariness. One episode, I actually shed a few tears, that's not good. Lakeman's, (the lead character), accompanying songs, this season, had me laughing at times in places I didn't expect to. Dark comedy doesn't even come close to describing this series. I think I only have two more episodes to go, I know they won't put me out of my misery and conclude the show during the final episodes, so, they better quickly renew for season 3.

It is the weirdest spy drama you ever want to watch even if at times you think, why am I watching this. Not for everyone, but, it's well written in a twisted sort of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 08:25 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I just finished Vanity Fair. I thought it was very well done and it held my attention thoroughly!

Old 01-06-2019, 08:27 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I really liked Season 2 of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Recognize many of the places where they filmed in NY and Paris.

Very entertaining and s refreshing change!

Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Watching "Eureka". 5 seasons and its really fun

Old 01-07-2019, 10:03 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,810 times
I watched Eureka over the Thanksgiving holiday and really really enjoyed it. I had not seen it when it was originally televised other than commercials for it. I found it light, interesting and entertaining. By the 5th season in a few weeks it was starting to feel like too much at once - my fault for binge watching of course - but now I’m missing it. Haven’t really gotten hooked on another. I tried Highlander which I loved in the 90s but it’s not working as a binge for me. I need it in smaller doses and it does feel dated.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:32 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4 View Post
I watched Eureka over the Thanksgiving holiday and really really enjoyed it. I had not seen it when it was originally televised other than commercials for it. I found it light, interesting and entertaining. By the 5th season in a few weeks it was starting to feel like too much at once - my fault for binge watching of course - but now I’m missing it. Haven’t really gotten hooked on another. I tried Highlander which I loved in the 90s but it’s not working as a binge for me. I need it in smaller doses and it does feel dated.
May I suggest "warehouse 13" (sadly, not free on Amazon or netflix)

Or, if you really like Quirky, fun show, check out "DARK MATTER"--it is streaming on netflix

Old 01-07-2019, 02:43 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
I started watching Silent Witness, which was described to me as "English Law & Order" (has been on for 20+ years, multiple cast changes, etc.) I'm enjoying the first seasons from the late 90s for the fashion choices and the "before they were stars" appearances of actors like Idris Elba and Emily Mortimer.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I've decided not to become invested in any more Original programming from these services for one major reason: Cancelations lend themselves to leaving unresolved stories and cliffhangers. I'm so pissed that there was never a Season 2 of The Kettering Project in Netflix, which left absolutely everything up in the air, but now Amazon has canceled Mozart in the Jungle, so that too will just leave us hanging. With standard episodic television, word usually comes down of impending cancelation before filming has wrapped, giving viewers an opportunity for closure in so many ways. So yeah, I'm done.
I just read this now--months later

This attitude is just unrealistic
There are plenty of shows on network tv that aren't around long enough to end a story line

The Kettering Project is a New Zealand series that wasn't renewed in its home country
Why blame Netflix that picked it up after it was already done and ended from what I understood

Amazon canceled Mozart because it didn't get that many viewers I imagine
I never watched it...

Personally I am finding Amazon as a platform has lost its luster for me
Have been watching more on Hulu and Netflix lately
But I show Amazon and have prime for that feature--not for the Prime video service or the newer music feature

Old 01-07-2019, 05:08 PM

17,543 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Homecoming

Strange, but we like strange shows

Old 01-08-2019, 12:19 AM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
May I suggest "warehouse 13" (sadly, not free on Amazon or netflix)

Or, if you really like Quirky, fun show, check out "DARK MATTER"--it is streaming on netflix
Thank you! I’ll check them out. I enjoyed the Warehouse 13 crossover show - although it paled in comparison to my joy that Felicity Day was on the last seasons of Eureka (loved loved loved her on Supernatural which is not light of course). That seems a bit disjointed but both characters had the same love interest on Eureka so are intertwined in my mind. My 17 year old “physicist to be” is intrigued by dark matter so the name of that series alone catches my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV