Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 07:26 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,210,895 times

Advertisements

I did try to search to see if this had been mentioned but didn't find anything specific.

Hoopla is a service through many local libraries where you can now download movies, tv, audio and e books simply by getting a library card and getting an account online.
I created a Hoopla account on my PC, then for me since I have a ROKU I added the Hoopla channel to that, went to my wifi connected TV, clicked on the tile, got the linking code, entered it at the Hoopla site on my PC and done. Now I just go to the Hoopla website on my computer, check out a movie or tv series and it will appear on my tv's Hoopla screen.
Pretty sure you can do all this with a cellphone.

I haven't looked at the content a lot so I'm not sure all what is available but for those who are cable cutting and looking to decrease their cable/netflix/amazon/hulu bill it may be worth looking into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:37 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,603,842 times
Some libraries also offer Kanopy or Indieflix. Two free apps (ads) with some interesting films are Tubi & Shout Factory. Roku now has it's own app with free movies & tv shows.

Last edited by Hefe; 01-09-2018 at 10:48 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Gomovies.com, 123movies.com, putlocker, etc are all FREE movie and TV show sites, no fees or credit card, nothing to download or install.

The only catch is, on some of the newer movies, you have to sit thru a short ad before the movie/show will start.

They have just about every movie and show that I have searched for. Its much better than Netflix, Prime, or even library sites.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:27 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Gomovies.com, 123movies.com, putlocker, etc are all FREE movie and TV show sites, no fees or credit card, nothing to download or install.

The only catch is, on some of the newer movies, you have to sit thru a short ad before the movie/show will start.

They have just about every movie and show that I have searched for. Its much better than Netflix, Prime, or even library sites.
Are these legal sites? (not judging anyone who uses them. I just prefer to only use legal sources)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV