Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 05:21 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,123,918 times

Advertisements

Ever since I cut the cord about a decade ago, I've been waiting for this channel on broadcast (antenna) TV.

They are running shows that were first broadcast on such channels as Discovery, History, and all the other science, technology, and educational channels from cable TV.

Up till now, mostly the "rebroadcast" over the air channels were limited to Westerns, TV detectives and police documentaries. It is good to see some science based shows again.

If you are like me and running an antenna as your basic TV, you might want to give this new channel - which started locally today at 6PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 11:30 AM

Disappointment.

Although Quest TV is better than nothing; instead of concentrating on Science shows they are broadcasting mostly social and cultural economics shows such as "Ice Road Truckers," "Swamp Loggers," "Flying Wild, Alaska," "Auction Kings," "Storm Chasers" and such. Disappointing that if they are going to broadcast these shows, they should at least have the good ones like "Deadliest Catch" and Dirty Jobs."

Not a total loss though because they also broadcast "Dogfights" and "Modern Marvels."

I guess they have to build an audience before they can afford the more expensive shows.

Old 03-03-2018, 05:42 AM

11 posts, read 6,083 times
t's good to have a factual channel like Quest as a subchannel. I really think this channel is a great idea for a subchannel as there is nothing like it available on OTA in the US. Most other subchannels focus on classic TV shows and I think this channel will do well although if they don't keep adding new shows it will become stale. Some shows they acquired have few episodes and will be repeated over again such as IRT: Deadliest Roads only have 23 episodes and will be repeated over and over again. Why couldnt they acquire the original Ice Road Truckers series as this has 138 episodes. Or as new episodes are still airing on History today can you not get the rights for it or how does it work?
I wonder will they add new shows every few months like they do with Justice Network? How about early seasons of popular shows like Storage Wars, How It's Made or Pawn Stars, Salvage Hunters or Wheeler Dealers?
Could they acquire first-run shows from Canada/UK/Australia that are not shown in the US like Aussie Pickers, Demolition Man, Goblin Works Garage for the network in the future or going into original shows?
Also as Justice Network is available on Dish Network, could Quest launch on Dish also?
What other shows could they acquire?

Old 03-03-2018, 05:20 PM

• Nova
  • How it's Made
  • The Universe
  • Deadliest Catch
  • Cosmos (Tyson and Sagen)
  • Mythbusters
  • Connections
  • Bill Nye the Science Guy
  • Wicked Tuna
  • America's National Parks
  • Seconds From Disaster

Many more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV