Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 04:32 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trailer Park Boys. Threads over.
I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 04:44 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,953 times
CODCO
This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Rick Mercer Report

Old 12-31-2018, 07:23 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Long time ago but don't forget "Due South." I don't think that's been mentioned.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:11 AM

997 posts, read 710,496 times
There is a lot of Canadian content on HGTV--excellent real estate shows.
How about "Dream Cruises" shown on the Travel channel?
Spencer Watt's "Big 30" and "Fish the Dish" and "the Urban Vegetarian" with Desiree Neilse are excellent modern cooking shows with great production--shown on Z Living Channel in US

Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 AM

384 posts, read 272,765 times
Canada has had some solid shows over the years. I used to watch Kids In the Hall on CBC before it came to the US. I also enjoyed the Littlest Hobo when I was growing up. It was about a nomadic German Shepherd named London who would help people overcome various problems in their lives. Aired back in the late 70s/early 80s, but I still remember watching it very early on Saturday mornings before the US networks signed on. Their children's programming also was great. (The Friendly Giant, Mr. Dressup). Some of their kids game shows even made it on to US television. (5432 Run!, Kidsstreet) which aired on CTV and Global originally, but were picked up by independent stations in US Markets. You Can't Do That on Television was Nickelodeon's flagship program in its early years, but originated from Ottawa. (and featured a pre-teen Alanis Morisette) Pitfall was another Canadian game show I remember well, more because of it's host (a pre-Jeopardy! Alex Trebek) I grew up in the US but lived close enough to the border to get Canadian Television.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:37 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I used to watch Flashpoint quite a while ago and didn't realize it was a product of Canada. I absolutely loved that show. Then I started seeing the "main" actor in so many other things. Enrico something?

I don't know what the OP is talking about. Canadian shows are just as good if not better than the crap here in the US. I wish I could watch BBCA but I just can't understand the accents.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:16 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I wish I could watch BBCA but I just can't understand the accents.
BBC America? The only thing they ever show are TOP GEAR and Star Trek: The Next Generation re-runs. They should just rename the channel TOP TREK and be done.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:28 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I used to watch Flashpoint quite a while ago and didn't realize it was a product of Canada. I absolutely loved that show. Then I started seeing the "main" actor in so many other things. Enrico something?

I don't know what the OP is talking about. Canadian shows are just as good if not better than the crap here in the US. I wish I could watch BBCA but I just can't understand the accents.
Definitely one of the best.
The actor is Enrico Colantoni. He also appeared, most notably, in “Galaxy Quest,” “Veronica Mars,” and “Person of Interest.”

If you have access to it, ION TV runs some Canadian imports, A couple of my recent favorites are “Private Eyes” and “Saving Hope.”

My most favorite Canadian imports are still “Motive” and “Murdoch Mysteries.” The latter is still running and is available on Ovation as “The Artful Detective.” It’s also streaming on AcornTV.

The CW ran “Burden of Truth” last summer which I also enjoyed. Hoping they run the second season as well.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:11 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,273,729 times
Canada has had more than it’s share of stinkers...
combo of poor production values due to ultra low budget ...even some bad acting....

But here are a few good ones over the years...

Arctic Air
Arthur (good kids long running cartoon shown in US on PBS)
Baroness Von Sketch
Being Erica
Breaker High
Corner Gas
Danger Bay
Degrassi Junior High
Dragon’s Den
Ed’s Night Party (featuring Ed the Sock...got to see it to believe it, very funny)
Fifth Estate
Flashpoint
Forest Rangers
King of Kensington
Love It or List It Vancouver
Littlest Hobo
Marketplace
Nature of Things
SCTV
Nikita
Red Green Show
Orphan Black
Rookie Blue
This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Rick Mercer Repott
Mr Dee
Trailer Park Boys
Ron James Shoe
The Beach Combers
Murdoch Mysteries
Rainbow Country
W5
Front Page Challenge

Old 01-01-2019, 02:24 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,017,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Canada has had more than it’s share of stinkers...
combo of poor production values due to ultra low budget ...even some bad acting....

But here are a few good ones over the years...

Arctic Air
Arthur (good kids long running cartoon shown in US on PBS)
Baroness Von Sketch
Being Erica
Breaker High
Corner Gas
Danger Bay
Degrassi Junior High
Dragon’s Den
Ed’s Night Party (featuring Ed the Sock...got to see it to believe it, very funny)
Fifth Estate
Flashpoint
Forest Rangers
King of Kensington
Love It or List It Vancouver
Littlest Hobo
Marketplace
Nature of Things
SCTV
Nikita
Red Green Show
Orphan Black
Rookie Blue
This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Rick Mercer Repott
Mr Dee
Trailer Park Boys
Ron James Shoe
The Beach Combers
Murdoch Mysteries
Rainbow Country
W5
Front Page Challenge
You missed:

Avonlea
Wind at My Back (I love this older series!)
Heartland (both my wife and I love this series, now about to start season 12!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV