Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,068,392 times

Advertisements

Nothing more to add that hasnt already been mentioned/explained except seeing Dr. Goodsir laying on that table all cut into....good god.

Loved this show and so grateful to those who shared their thoughts and explanations on a few things that flew right over my head but I'm glad its over as its really drained me emotionally towards the end. I'm going to take a week off of the dramas and watch nothing but comedies and reality shows. Cheers to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 03:38 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
The last scene was confusing, but so was the scene where the Captain and Silna found part of the crew that included Edward. Edward had chains in his face. What happened there? I didn't catch who was in the tent that Silna came across. It seemed significant to her.

TIA if anybody can help shed some light on that scene.
The guy with chains (actually his uniform tassles I think) on his face, I think I read somewhere, was historically accurate as one of the expeditions that came in later found a corpse with chains in his face (edit - or it could be an accounting from one of the inuit tribes as was previously mentioned). Obviously driven mad from the ingestion of lead, starvation, and exposure.

EDIT: The internet has everything:
http://visionsnorth.blogspot.com/

"...from a woman named “Ogzeuckjeuwock," who described the curious adornment one of one man who was found “with the flesh on.” This man “had a gold chain fastened to gold ear-rings, and a gold hunting-case watch with engine-turned engravings attached to the chain, and hanging down about the waist.[W]hen he pulled the chain it pulled the head up by the ears." Schwatka's companion Heinrich Klutschak similarly recorded “he wore ear-rings and a watch fastened to them (the ear rings) by means of a chain,""

Last edited by Dd714; 05-24-2018 at 04:05 PM..

Old 05-24-2018, 05:06 PM

2,740 posts, read 1,338,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The guy with chains (actually his uniform tassles I think) on his face, I think I read somewhere, was historically accurate as one of the expeditions that came in later found a corpse with chains in his face (edit - or it could be an accounting from one of the inuit tribes as was previously mentioned). Obviously driven mad from the ingestion of lead, starvation, and exposure.

VISIONS OF THE NORTH

"...from a woman named “Ogzeuckjeuwock," who described the curious adornment one of one man who was found “with the flesh on.” This man “had a gold chain fastened to gold ear-rings, and a gold hunting-case watch with engine-turned engravings attached to the chain, and hanging down about the waist.[W]hen he pulled the chain it pulled the head up by the ears." Schwatka's companion Heinrich Klutschak similarly recorded “he wore ear-rings and a watch fastened to them (the ear rings) by means of a chain,""
Thank you for the information.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with that scene!

Old 05-24-2018, 05:58 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post

VISIONS OF THE NORTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraction View Post
Thank you for the information.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with that scene!
Thanks from me too, Dd. I have been reading all except the last two blogs. I bookmarked the page. I hope to be able to watch the documentaries. I kind of got lost in history again.

Old 07-05-2018, 08:00 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
I just learned that there is going to be a second season of The Terror. For all of those that read the book, is there anything left to tell?

Old 07-06-2018, 12:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
The way this series is supposed to work, every season is supposed to be based on a completely different book, with only the atmosphere of horror connecting them.
From what I read online, the 2nd season will tell a story set during WW2, set in an Japanese-American internment camp. No further details just yet, but the setting is unique and has the potential for some .. well, terror.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 AM

324 posts, read 330,941 times
That's sounds interesting. I'm guessing it's a new "trend" kind of similar to The Sinner each season not related to the orher.

Old 07-06-2018, 12:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Thanks for the info, Yac. I look forward to it very much.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:03 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsunny View Post
That's sounds interesting. I'm guessing it's a new "trend" kind of similar to The Sinner each season not related to the orher.
I suspect the original intent was to be a one season miniseries based on the original book. However, the popularity made them decide to make it an anthology series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV