Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 08:06 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,097,760 times

Advertisements

I have not wanted to watch the last episode for this reason. The previous one was so depressing and then I heard this last one was even more depressing. ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 10:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
I enjoy it. It's a comedy while tackling real social issues whether past and present.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:44 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Dr. Rainbow Harris Barris???
Darn fingers. Her name is:

Dr. Rainbow Edwards-Barris

Old 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM

352 posts, read 324,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I always just considered it to be part of the "Wednesday Night Lineup of Annoyance", along with "The Middle", "The Goldbergs", and "Modern Family".
Wow, those are basically the four best comedy programs on TV, so your taste in TV is a bit suspect.

But I will say that they could've tackled this issue with a bit more comedy. The divorce storyline episodes are just depressing and not fun to watch.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
Wow, those are basically the four best comedy programs on TV, so your taste in TV is a bit suspect.
Well, they might be the four best comedy programs on TV, which would only be an indication of the overall low quality of current TV programming.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:04 PM

352 posts, read 324,528 times
Quote:
Well, they might be the four best comedy programs on TV, which would only be an indication of the overall low quality of current TV programming.
Simply not the case. There's so much quality programming on these days that it makes me laugh at people who like to claim that there isn't. Back in the 1990s we had like 4 or 5 good shows at any given time. There were 4 major networks putting out original programming and most of it was hackish sitcom nonsense like Suddenly Susan. Nowadays we have literally hundreds of original comedy programs released yearly and many of which are sharp, intelligent and original. The four you mention are some of those. Modern Family is a great show which has reached the end of its lifespan, so it's stale for sure, but it's still a phenomenal program with a rich history of classic moments and characters. The Middle is a wonderful throwback show that is non-political and not with the whole PC Culture that most network sitcoms are on today, it too has a lot of heart and richly developed characters. Blackish is normally a great show, but this divorce storyline has been painful, and the Goldbergs is just a really funny show that appeals to people who can relate to it.

I'm curious, what comedy programs do you consider good? Name five that you like and I will have a much better idea of your tastes.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:16 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post

But I will say that they could've tackled this issue with a bit more comedy. The divorce storyline episodes are just depressing and not fun to watch.
This. I'm especially a fan of Black-ish and Modern Family. It's been years since I've waited and looked forward weekly to see a sitcom. I'm so depressed by Black-ish now, I'm almost taking it personally. Like I know these people. It's sad.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:59 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,185,983 times
Quote:
I always just considered it to be part of the "Wednesday Night Lineup of Annoyance", along with "The Middle", "The Goldbergs", and "Modern Family".
I love The Middle and The Goldbergs. And I hate everything LOL.

To get me to watch any 30min sit-com is an accomplishment and they did it without trying too hard. The absence of formula is perhaps what works.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Darn fingers. Her name is:

Dr. Rainbow Edwards-Barris
Lol, alrighty then!!

Old 05-08-2018, 08:35 AM

2,739 posts, read 1,335,417 times
I like The Middle and Modern Family, but not The Goldbergs.

Anyway as one of the posters above stated, this Blackish storyline didn't have much buildup. There was always some sniping between the two, but now they're separated. Seems odd and rushed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV