U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 02:09 PM

332 posts, read 230,760 times

Advertisements

What would be your theory of what has happened since the finale episode? What happened at the restaurant? What happened afterward? Who rose up to lead the family?

Since they were decimated, I think we would've seen Tony get killed in that restaurant and then AJ looking for his revenge. He'd probably fail miserably, getting himself killed in the process and leading one of his cousins to seek revenge for what happened. This cycle would lead to NY simply take over territory, leading to the end of the North Jersey family. Today, there might be some relatives of Tony still in the game, but nobody in a position of power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 03:27 PM

8,142 posts, read 5,998,122 times
AJ would wind up shooting himself in the leg and bleeding out.

Carm would have remarried.. Perhaps to someone else in the life to keep up her lifestyle.

Meadow would have been arrested protesting Trump's election

Old 05-14-2018, 07:46 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,903,095 times
Hope they’re all at the bottom of the Passaic River.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:41 PM

2,268 posts, read 578,285 times
I'm still waiting for the prequel that was mentioned probably 10 years ago. Tony as a kid -- like Young Sheldon. I'm starting to think it may not happen.

Getting somewhat back on topic, I always believed that Silvio didn't kill Adriana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtIr7lKZd8

Old 05-14-2018, 09:56 PM

11,784 posts, read 9,705,627 times
AJ didn't seem interested in following in his father's footsteps. He was pretty repulsed by his peers (Patsy Parisi's son & the other kid) doing gangster stuff to the classmate of theirs who owed them a gambling debt. I also think going after Uncle Junior and failing miserably was his wake-up call that life wasn't for him.
Assuming Tony was killed, what's left of the Jersey crew (Paulie, etc) would likely just be an extension of the Brooklyn family, earning for them rather than being a separate entity. It's probably also a sign the Italian mafia thing was going by the wayside and likely Russians, Mexicans or others would step in the void.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:07 PM

2,268 posts, read 578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
AJ didn't seem interested in following in his father's footsteps.

In the flashbacks, Tony didn't seem interested in following in his father's footsteps either.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:56 PM

332 posts, read 230,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm still waiting for the prequel that was mentioned probably 10 years ago. Tony as a kid -- like Young Sheldon. I'm starting to think it may not happen.

Getting somewhat back on topic, I always believed that Silvio didn't kill Adriana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtIr7lKZd8
They are actually going ahead with it I think. I read an article within the past few weeks about it:

It's going to be a movie!

If Silvio didn't kill Adriana, where did she go?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 PM

58 posts, read 13,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
What would be your theory of what has happened since the finale episode? What happened at the restaurant? What happened afterward? Who rose up to lead the family?
I don't know. No one knows. Anything after the cut-to-black is speculation. We can opine from what went before. For example, that Tony was whacked at that moment is a reasonable one. That the restaurant was obliterated by a meteor isn't. But precisely how might he have been whacked? Unknowable. Educated guesses are possible. Firearm? That's reasonable. Run through with a sword? Not so much. What happens after becomes even more murky. Again, guesses are all we have.

We don't know these things because the narrative doesn't tell us. We can come up with ideas but there really is no guide from the series. Sometimes a work of fiction leaves loose threads that can only be tied up in the minds of the consumers of that fiction, and those resolutions will reasonably vary from one person to the next. But they will ultimately be inventions of those consumers.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:29 AM

401 posts, read 147,982 times
They filmed Tony being whacked at the restaurant then edited it out for dramatic effect. There is zero question that the extra long black shown on screen was Tony's life ending. Until this post I thought the handlful of viewers who weren't paying attention had all been set straight their next day at work. Guess not....

Old 06-17-2018, 06:17 AM

18,236 posts, read 11,645,412 times
It would be all about this guy right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb-Oi1L43mM

On the surface Carmine, Jr. seemed like an egit; but the guy was one crafty MF. While Tony and everyone else were killing each other, Carmine just laid back and acted like an idiot; but he was pretty much the last man standing after Tony S. got whacked.

Carmine Jr. also understood and moved more easily in and out of legitimate business, also like may I add John Sacrimoni (Sack). He wasn't a hot head and seemed far more practical than Tony S.

As for the Soprano family, only one with any balls left to run things after Tony was killed would have been Meadow. A.J. simply wasn't cut out for being the son of a don, much less one himself. Face it, the kid was soft.

Carmella liked money too much, and unless Tony left her a nice stash plus legitimate security (life insurance, etc...), she would have either find work (hahaha), or put herself back on the market hoping to marry another don or at least made man. Ideally that would be Furio, since it does seem there was something between them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or