Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 09:32 AM

810 posts, read 1,024,927 times

Advertisements

Definitely agree about the reunion show. I'm happy that they went old school and just talked to the contestants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 09:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

She is, technically, a "woman of color" according to her heritage. I saw her posting about her ancestry, and her ancestry profile a while back on Twitter, and her mom's side is from Mexico, and her dad's side is from El Salvador.
Angelina - two words - "dat ass". Horrible person but curvy, very pretty face and smile. She will probably be returning, I will be watching.

"People of color" is a misused word. Certainly in the US it means anyone not of European decent but in Mexico and El Salvador, which include a variety of ethnicities, she would be clearly considered white and not a person of color. Regardless, her obvious intent was to try to play a race card to get a vote or two. Didn't work.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
angelina proved beyond any doubt that i was right about her. Horrible person in the game and in real life. The ease with which she lies is something that isn't just game play. I'm glad nick called her out when she said the fake idol wasn't an attempt to embarrass alison. It was. We all saw it. She lied. He called her out. Kudos to nick for that.

Agree with all of this i hope angelina watches back to see how horrible she was & changes her behavior but i doubt it. I'm glad nick spoke up as well but had he not when they watched the show she would have seen the whole world knew she was trying to embarrass alison.

why was everyone gunning for alison, anyway? I don't recall her ever doing anything controversial. She seemed to be playing a quiet game and wasn't any kind of threat.

She must of had a great social game because i didn't see her making any memorable moves to win it. Yes she was athletic but that does always produce a win.

natalie trying to redeem herself, and the whole tribe saying "nope, you are exactly as you were depicted on the show" was a great moment in the reunion.

I can see her demanding to the producers that she get her redemption at the reunion it was nice the whole cast agreed with the editing. I bet she didn't even feel embarrassed when she left.

I loved Dimples & Davie at the reunion what an infection smile & attitude Davie has it would be uplifting to hang around with him.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
I am going to have to watch the reunion show now. From what everyone has said, it sounds as if it was a good one. I changed channels when it came on and watched something else.

Old 12-20-2018, 12:31 PM

Alison's Ponderosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygvn0RDHf3E

Old 12-20-2018, 12:46 PM

Kara's Ponderosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp2F06xyqig&t=13s

I can't believe she didn't beat Mike making fire.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:19 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfab1 View Post
Wow, seriously? I didn't realize that simply having ancestry from Mexico & Central America automatically made someone a person of color. Angelina sure looks white to me. There are white people from those countries, after all.

I never thought about her background, but she looks like she could be Italian, Armenian, Greek, Romanian, or Jewish. She sure doesn't look to be of indigenous descent. So I'm not buying her "person of color" and implied persecution BS. I think it's a disservice, and frankly rather insulting, to actual brown people (from Central America or anywhere) to have someone who looks white as anything try to get pity points as a p.o.c.
You do realize that you can be a person of color and not be dark brown, right???

I don't know why you think this is such a terrible, awful offense, or why you think she looks just SOOOO white, as she obviously looks Latina to me. But whatever. You can be offended if you want. I was just pointing out that her ancestry DNA test says she is mostly Central American/Mexican. Take from it what you will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 12-20-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
He played a game in which he was pretty obvious about having no loyalty to anyone, and did it without making himself anyone's enemy, which is somewhat unusual in this game. While that's probably not "transformative," it does challenge the idea of season-long alliances. Christian played a watered down version of that, getting rid of Carl, for example, so he may see it as a valid strategy that is going to prove transformative in future seasons.
Yea, I suppose so. There have been players with no true loyalties that make it to the end before, though I guess they all had enemies, so maybe he has the leg up there. I also think he was kept around because people just didn't think he could win, that he wouldn't be able to pull the votes necessary because of who he is outside of the game.

I don't know, I just didn't see anything "transformative" in his game myself.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Angelina - two words - "dat ass". Horrible person but curvy, very pretty face and smile. She will probably be returning, I will be watching.

"People of color" is a misused word. Certainly in the US it means anyone not of European decent but in Mexico and El Salvador, which include a variety of ethnicities, she would be clearly considered white and not a person of color. Regardless, her obvious intent was to try to play a race card to get a vote or two. Didn't work.
Oh, I don't disagree on why she was using it, and I personally wouldn't think she had any kind of hardships based off of her skin color. She could certainly pass as a white girl who maybe has some Armenian in her background or something too. I was just pointing out that she is actually a Latina, with her family hailing mainly from Mexico and El Salvador.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:44 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,182,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You do realize that you can be a person of color and not be dark brown, right???

I don't know why you think this is such a terrible, awful offense, or why you think she looks just SOOOO white, as she obviously looks Latina to me. But whatever. You can be offended if you want. I was just pointing out that her ancestry DNA test says she is mostly Central American/Mexican. Take from it what you will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Huh? Not offended at all , although you certainly seem to be. FWIW I wasn't criticizing *your comment,* but Angelina's claim of being a "woman of color." Which other people besides just me (as mentioned right here upthread) just don't see. Maybe she looks "obviously Latina" to you, but as I mentioned in my post, she also could easily be from several other European backgrounds. I *literally* thought she was just a white girl with a tan. Maybe you disagree that there are some Italians, Eastern Europeans, or other people who could be considered people of color based on their complexion- yet people from those areas are generally classified as white.

BTW, I never said people of color had to be "dark brown," or that it was "a terrible, awful offense" so please chill out, and don't condescendingly put words in my mouth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV