Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 05:08 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
No, all of this is just enabling someone.

Jarrett already said her piece. "I think we have to turn it into a teaching moment"

ABC already said their piece. "Cancelled"

Let it go, it's over.

~~~~~~~~~~

Initially I was wondering why ABC would spend even one brain cell on reviving this. Now I'm reading that ABC is on the hook for about $9,000,000 in salaries to the three remaining leads. They have to pay them regardless of whether they film or not. So I guess if they come up with a vehicle, anything, that they can put the three of them to work on, they can try to recoup some money.

But honestly, it sounds like throwing good money after bad.
It was reported that the show made something like $30mil in profit for those first 9 episodes. If they have to pay out contracts for the failed season, they'll still be in the black.

That said I am pretty sure the show is going to be back. Everyone wants to do it. They just need ABC to say yes. The day the show was cancelled was the day the writers were supposed to be back to work. If tey make a decision soon, they really arent that far behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 05:38 PM

17,716 posts, read 9,181,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
It was reported that the show made something like $30mil in profit for those first 9 episodes. If they have to pay out contracts for the failed season, they'll still be in the black.

That said I am pretty sure the show is going to be back. Everyone wants to do it. They just need ABC to say yes. The day the show was cancelled was the day the writers were supposed to be back to work. If tey make a decision soon, they really arent that far behind.
On Extra, they just said ABC is really close to releasing a rebooted Roseanne reboot with Sara Gilbert as the main star.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:06 PM

9,877 posts, read 7,207,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So... shouldn't there be equal uproar over this?

Trey Songz Sued by Cop Over Assault | TMZ.com
Sure - when he has a TV show, they can cancel it.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:44 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Sure - when he has a TV show, they can cancel it.

Has a record contract.. Should that be terminated? Movie is to be released soon under the WWE Films banner. Shouldn't that be shelved?

Shouldn't he be raked over the coals and called a racist?

Look.. No qualms about Roseanne's show being cancelled. But if we're going with that as being justice.. Justice applied unequally isn't justice.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:53 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
So... shouldn't there be equal uproar over this?

Trey Songz Sued by Cop Over Assault | TMZ.com
Well, go ahead. Start a thread on it. But one does not excuse the other.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:55 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
'Roseanne' Wasn’t Canceled Because of Racism. It Was Because Her Character Voted for Trump

'Roseanne' Wasn

Old 06-05-2018, 08:19 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
On Extra, they just said ABC is really close to releasing a rebooted Roseanne reboot with Sara Gilbert as the main star.
I hope they don't. I find it troubling to take a piece of work that was conceived by Roseanne, one that she fought for the entire original run and then rework it just to cut her out. Gilbert seems pretty liberal and I think she'd be against it if a corporation did this to the founder. Either find a way to get Barr back or scrap the entire thing. 9 million isn't a huge amount of money for abc to lose.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:55 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
That's not the way it works, nor does accounting allow that. Profit already made is already made. If you spend future money, it doesn't go against what you already made, it goes in a current time period.

Under that theory, let's say a movie makes $500 million dollars. They release a sequel, and it loses $200 million. They don't say "well, we made $300 million overall, let's release another sequel", they say "that lost a crapload, let's quit".

Old 06-05-2018, 09:04 PM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
'Roseanne' Wasn’t Canceled Because of Racism. It Was Because Her Character Voted for Trump

'Roseanne' Wasn
Just note that's labeled as an opinion piece.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:56 AM

9,877 posts, read 7,207,036 times
Quote:
Has a record contract.. Should that be terminated? Movie is to be released soon under the WWE Films banner. Shouldn't that be shelved?

Shouldn't he be raked over the coals and called a racist?

Look.. No qualms about Roseanne's show being cancelled. But if we're going with that as being justice.. Justice applied unequally isn't justice.
Sure. If his producers feel the same way, why not. Then again, I haven't a clue who this guy is and didn't know that WWE made movies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV