U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 05:38 AM

2,996 posts, read 978,260 times

Advertisements

Yeah I agree, I would have hated Jesse being killed too. I thought there would be a reason for Skyler being killed though, and that would be that it would cause Walt to hate himself more, and for everyone else to hate him more too, cause of his actions. There just wasn't enough hate, and I needed more. I guess I am just dark like that and needed more tragedy. Cause I saw Hank's death coming a mile away, way before it happened.

Where as if it happened to Skyler it would be like whoaa! But if it happened to Jesse, I would be mad. I actually was mad when it happened to Andrea. I felt there was no reason for that at all and it didn't add anything for me. So that is one death I was mad at and felt Andrea should have lived, so Jesse could go back to her afterward. That would have given me an even bigger smile. So I am not all tragic.

I just think that Walt and Skyler needed a more tragic ending, and Jesse needed a more happier ending, going back to Andrea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 06:14 AM

3,574 posts, read 4,205,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to imply that everyone else who liked it had lower standards, I just meant that I was expecting something more tragic I guess. I meant that show's one bar was set real high up until the end, didn't mean to imply that everyone had low bars. I do think the show was really great over all and still really enjoyed it.
Okay, I see your point. My reply was a little harsh. Sorry.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:22 AM

12,937 posts, read 24,074,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Donít fix what ainít broke. First show I truly enjoyed from beginning to end.
I agree, perfect show from beginning and perfect ending

Old 06-12-2018, 08:11 AM

1,244 posts, read 727,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I agree, perfect show from beginning and perfect ending
Ditto for me. The entire series was a beautiful creation of storytelling, and I especially loved watching Walter White's character descend from downtrodden, overqualified schoolteacher to that of a kingpin dealer, Heisenberg. It was Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde -ish, and done to perfection. And I don't think they could have written a better ending. Walter White was dead, Heisenberg was dying...what better way to have him go? Also loved that Jesse survived; he'd had such a hard life, and yet throughout the series you could see his true self - his humanitarian self - struggling to emerge.

One of the best wrap-ups in a tv series ever, imo. The only other one I can think of (that I've seen) which might have equalled a perfect ending would have been the last 10-15 minutes of Six Feet Under.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 AM

75 posts, read 13,354 times
I wrote my own ending to the show. In my version Walter White lives. He was only faking having the cancer come back and he lost weight on purpose to make everyone think he was going to die. Like Hans Gruber said in Die hard : "When you steal $600 million, they will find you unless they think you're already dead."

After killing the neo-nazis he and Jesse get into a fight and then fall onto the ground totally exhausted. Jesse tells Walt that he's pretty strong for a guy who is dying. Then Walt admits he's not really dying. Jesse calls him a lying manipulative bastard, goes outside and gets into the car. Walt follows saying 'wait a minute Jesse. " Jesse guns the car, turns it towards Walt then veers off at the last second and stops next to him. They look at each other for a second then Jesse says "You getting in *****?" Walt gets into the car and they drive off to the song 'End of the Line' by The Traveling Wilburys.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,451,230 times
Walt dies?

Old 06-12-2018, 01:20 PM

11,639 posts, read 5,486,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Walt dies?
Actually IIRC we are not 100% sure on that.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:28 PM

3,574 posts, read 4,205,273 times
He's dead. 100% dead. We're sure of it.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM

9,286 posts, read 16,141,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I might understand what you meant. There were no surprises, except in the detail. But at the time, I thought, and still do, that for a perfect ending, there couldn't be any. Part of perfect means what we the audience think should happen.

Surprise, Jesse gets killed. F that, I would have been mad. I knew Walt would not let that happen and was happy for that to be predictable. Surprise! They off Skylar for no reason, leaving the kids all alone. F that. Life already sucks for her. Sitting in that tiny house, chain smoking cigarettes. It's dreadful.

We (most of us) wanted things to end up in a certain way and they did. Forsaking the drama/intensity of major twists/surprises is a very small price to pay. (to me).

The detail on how he would accomplish it all was awesome. I liked Marie saying 'He isn't the criminal mastermind he thinks he is'. Oh no? Are you sure about that? LOL!

How he organized for those people to believe that thugs would be watching them FOREVER was AWESOME.

Where you lose me is wanting things more tragic. I think everything was tragic enough. I enjoyed it going out on sort of a high note. Jesse racing away all WOO HOO! Being my biggest smile.

EXACTLY......

Walt knew everything that he had tried to accomplish had turned into a steaming pile of poop..... because of his own greed..... his all-important family held nothing but hatred for him and were destined to struggle until the end of time......

What could be more tragic than THAT from Walt's perspective??

Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM

1,592 posts, read 563,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
He's dead. 100% dead. We're sure of it.
Yes.

*Gutshot ?
*Collapsed, obviously not conscious but eyes wide open ?
*Ignored by swarming tactical team ?
*Aerial fadeaway camera shot set to a song that begins "Guess I got what I deserved" ?

That's the universal signal for DEAD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or