U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:01 AM

256 posts, read 35,427 times

Advertisements

I have never been pulled into, and mesmerized, by a television program, or any movie or play, for that matter, as I was with Breaking Bad. It was perfect, no changes necessary, can’t even imagine that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 06:20 AM

3,547 posts, read 4,176,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You just wanted Skylar to die and keep coming up with different reasons to justify why she should have.
I agree jencam.

This entire thread is ironpony trying to rewrite Breaking Bad to have Skyler, and possibly other family members die. With the exception of one or two posts, the other seventy have been "no, we liked, we loved it, it was great, we don't need anything more".

A better thread subject (certainly a more honest one) would have been "Skyler should have died in BB; don't you agree?", and not "Do you think Breaking Bad could have gone for a darker conclusion".

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
I have never been pulled into, and mesmerized, by a television program, or any movie or play, for that matter, as I was with Breaking Bad. It was perfect, no changes necessary, canít even imagine that.
Quote for truth.

Let it be...

/unsubscribe/

Old 06-18-2018, 07:27 AM

13,752 posts, read 18,359,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well it seems that people do not think Skyler would have died cause they feel that the family will not suffer as much if she gets the sweet release of death. But I think that the family would suffer more if Skyler was killed. Walt Jr. and Marie would hate Walt a lot more if that had happened, along with Hank's death.
But Walt was always going to die, so having more contempt for him probably would have been pointless, especially if it came from someone (Marie) that he never seemed to be close to.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:20 AM

8,108 posts, read 5,960,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed, sadly that was a massive plot hole. We never really found out why Waltís sister in law, Marie, stole from department stores and to what extent either. Like what was the meaning or purpose behind that scene

I thought that was decently explained.. Some people have addition to drugs, some to alcohol.. She has a touch of klepto.

She has the means, but steals either for the thrill or 'because she can'. She has a mental illness.. A functional one, but it's a mental illness nonetheless. Just look at all the purple. Her and Prince shared the same illness with that.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:24 AM

8,108 posts, read 5,960,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

That's perfectly fine.. It's believable.. Fits Walt's mindset.. I disagree with the article in that I never looked at Gretchen and Elliott as 'bad guys'. Perhaps if it had been a situation where Gretchen left Walt for Elliott.. Ok.. Maybe I could see them being the 'bad guys'..

I only wish they had taken the 10 seconds to put that on film. Again, that small hole doesn't take away enjoyment of the series, but.. It would have been nicer to not have the hole there.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:43 PM

58 posts, read 13,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
"Massive" plot hole? It was mentioned a couple times, played a role towards the end, and that was it. It never was a focal point of the series, and certainly wasn't a MPH.
Yes.

Not every backstory needs its own explanatory episode. Why did Walter White leave California (he studied at Caltech) for New Mexico? Who knows? More to the point, who cares?

As for the whole Gray Matter thing, what's the mystery? Conflict of some sort between the founders of an eventually-successful enterprise is not unusual. Toss in the element of a romantic relationship and it's no mystery at all. Narrative fiction is on some level a collaborative effort, requiring the imagination of the viewer (or reader). The story of Walter White's life is frustrated ambition due to his own failures - his decision to abandon Gray Matter early in exchange for a buyout is an example of that. It's who he was up until his 50th birthday, who he was when the series started ... and Breaking Bad is the story of how he decided not to be that person anymore.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:26 PM

11,518 posts, read 5,397,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That's perfectly fine.. It's believable.. Fits Walt's mindset.. I disagree with the article in that I never looked at Gretchen and Elliott as 'bad guys'. Perhaps if it had been a situation where Gretchen left Walt for Elliott.. Ok.. Maybe I could see them being the 'bad guys'..

I only wish they had taken the 10 seconds to put that on film. Again, that small hole doesn't take away enjoyment of the series, but.. It would have been nicer to not have the hole there.
He said it's there if you pay attention closely enough. To me everything was except that the reason Walt left her family's house was a feeling of inferiority. Maybe it was just a sentence or two, with facial expressions and body language to impart.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:33 PM

11,518 posts, read 5,397,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I was referring to this post here, where it talks about how death is not the ultimate consequence. Where as I thought Skyler's death would be the ultimate consequence, for the other family member characters.
I think we are all clear on your position regarding this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or