Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay I can see this playing a part, but it feels like the writers didn't play it this way. When Jesse kills Todd, he is killing him with a lot of rage, as if he blames Todd for Andrea's death. So that's the way it plays out rather than him blaming himself it seems.

Also, it was more Walter's fault for Andrea's death since a lot of his actions played a part in it as well, and I would say even more so than Jesse's, no?

Also if it's better for Skyler to be punished while is alive, I feel that should could have used a more harsh punishment while alive. I suggested to send her to real prison, so she doesn't see her kids again, as a punishment, so would that work better? I just feel her being in the same house with the kids for the rest of her life is not harsh of a punishment enough for all that was done wrong, so why not real maximum security prison, instead of death then?
Well, it is on Todd. It's not like he had the moral high ground to hold Jesse hostage/as a slave to begin with! But yes, Jesse could have prevented it and Walt played his role, and all of that was mixed in his rage and grief. He almost killed Walt too, for her, and I don't know if he knows Walt let his first love die, but we do, and all the other things Walt has done. I want to say Walt admitted to him at one point that he let that first girl die, but I don't remember 100% sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 07:59 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
But if it's on Todd, than I find Andrea's death less necessary therefore, and it wasn't needed. Or if they want to kill off Andrea, I think they should have dealt with it in a completely different way, like him blaming himself for it, if it was his fault, rather than taking it out on Todd.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay I can see this playing a part, but it feels like the writers didn't play it this way. When Jesse kills Todd, he is killing him with a lot of rage, as if he blames Todd for Andrea's death. So that's the way it plays out rather than him blaming himself it seems.

Also, it was more Walter's fault for Andrea's death since a lot of his actions played a part in it as well, and I would say even more so than Jesse's, no?
Not really. Jesse's desire to hurt Walt is what ultimately led to Hank's death, Jesse's capture by Frank Welker's gang, and ultimately Andrea's death. Yes, Todd is the one who actually killed her and Jesse had already hated him for sometime, but it was ultimately Jesse's actions that set everything in motion.

Quote:
Also if it's better for Skyler to be punished while is alive, I feel that should could have used a more harsh punishment while alive. I suggested to send her to real prison, so she doesn't see her kids again, as a punishment, so would that work better? I just feel her being in the same house with the kids for the rest of her life is not harsh of a punishment enough for all that was done wrong, so why not real maximum security prison, instead of death then?
We don't know that that doesn't happen. Remember, the DEA was after her, and the only real chance she had was giving up the location of the bodies of Hank and Gomez. Her fate is ultimately unresolved.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:08 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I want to say Walt admitted to him at one point that he let that first girl die, but I don't remember 100% sure.
He did. He taunted Jesse with it right after the Welker gang finds him after killing Hank.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:17 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
He's dead. 100% dead. We're sure of it.

I did see a quote from Vince Gilligan, where he was asked about Walt dying. He said something along the lines of "It certainly looked like he died", so he did leave a slight crack open for Walt to return.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:30 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
There is no way in the world Breaking Bad could have been improved upon. I binge-watched it the first time, and then, a couple of years later, I binged watched it again. My favorite episode of the entire series was the Season 4 finale, "Face Off," where Gus died. I was totally fine with the Series Finale, too, and was really, really happy that Jesse made it out alive.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 AM

17,586 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Jesse's capture by Frank Welker's gang,

Optimus Prime captured Jesse?

I missed that episode.

Scooby-Doo has a posse.. There's just too many here..

I know you meant Jack Welker, but.. Damn. Picturing Frank Welker's characters kidnapping Jesse now.. And there's just so many of them.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:07 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
EXACTLY......

Walt knew everything that he had tried to accomplish had turned into a steaming pile of poop..... because of his own greed..... his all-important family held nothing but hatred for him and were destined to struggle until the end of time......

What could be more tragic than THAT from Walt's perspective??
Actually, Skylar didn't feel that much animosity for Walter, except that her sister's husband ended up dead. She was heavily involved in laundering the money, and Walter made sure she didn't get jail time for that. They also were supposed to be getting money from Walter's old partner, which they never actually showed happening, but we can assume it did. Walter succeeded in almost everything he started. You have to give him credit for that.

That was what made BB so good. You have a protagonist who starts out as a very likable family man, and he turns dark, but, because of his motives and the way he handles things, for the most part, he somehow gets the respect of those watching. In the end, he had to die, even then with some respect, by saving Jesse, and dealing with the people that killed his BIL and the young boy. I may never see a show that is better than this.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Actually, Skylar didn't feel that much animosity for Walter, except that her sister's husband ended up dead. She was heavily involved in laundering the money, and Walter made sure she didn't get jail time for that. They also were supposed to be getting money from Walter's old partner, which they never actually showed happening, but we can assume it did. Walter succeeded in almost everything he started. You have to give him credit for that.

That was what made BB so good. You have a protagonist who starts out as a very likable family man, and he turns dark, but, because of his motives and the way he handles things, for the most part, he somehow gets the respect of those watching. In the end, he had to die, even then with some respect, by saving Jesse, and dealing with the people that killed his BIL and the young boy. I may never see a show that is better than this.
Certainly a phenomenon.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 PM

24,631 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I thought it was one of the most perfect TV series and finales in history.

I cannot see any way they could have improved it.

Though, I'm sure some folks will say that they would have paid to see Walt Jr killed.
It wasn't perfect but it was so hugely successful that I'll give the writers a pass for not making a fantastic finale, IMO.

It was sad how Walter could've just as easily been insanely rich had he stayed a partner/founder of that drug company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
There is no way in the world Breaking Bad could have been improved upon. I binge-watched it the first time, and then, a couple of years later, I binged watched it again. My favorite episode of the entire series was the Season 4 finale, "Face Off," where Gus died. I was totally fine with the Series Finale, too, and was really, really happy that Jesse made it out alive.
While I disagree with the finale not able to be better, I will gladly agree the overall series was perfect in every way... Except for Skylar. She was whining and crying a little bit too much for me. Too much of a one dimensional nagging character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV