U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 03:22 PM

2,796 posts, read 924,531 times

Advertisements

SPOILERS

It was a pretty good show for all the hype, but I was somewhat disappointed in how in ended, cause I felt that Walter White's deeds should have yielded darker consequences than just Hank and Gomez's deaths. I feel that at least one more member of the family should have been killed as a consequence, other than just Hanks.

For example, the nazi gang had every reason to kill Skyler to keep her from talking but they decide to let her off with a warning instead, and I felt let down, like hear is your chance to kill of an even more major character which could take for a much more dramatic turn as the icing on top of what he already have! But they chose not to take it.

Either that or the gang killed have killed Maria, when she came back to the house while they were their looking for tapes, and then their would be more drama that came out of that, cause Skyler and Walt Jr, would have lost Hank and Maria.

I just feel that one more family member should have been killed as a consequence for Walt's lifestyle, other than just Hank's, and I felt that the tragic consequences, just were not big enough with only Hank's death alone.

But what do you think?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 06:22 PM

8,022 posts, read 5,882,380 times
I thought it was one of the most perfect TV series and finales in history.

I cannot see any way they could have improved it.

Though, I'm sure some folks will say that they would have paid to see Walt Jr killed.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:57 PM

I don't think the villains had and reason to kill Walt Jr, but I feel that there needed to be one more family member killed off as a result of the consequences.

Everyone says that it was perfect, but I couldn't help but feel that the writers were playing it semi-safe, by making Hank the only kill-able character in the family.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:49 PM

4,479 posts, read 2,255,537 times
Perfect and television don’t really go together, but I agree that Breaking Bad had one of the best finales I have ever seen. I see no reason why any of his family would have needed to die.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:54 PM

Well I just feel the consequences of Walt's actions should have been more than what it was. It's not that they NEEDED to die, it's just that doing so would have created more drama for Walt.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:22 PM

3,654 posts, read 7,140,134 times
He was watching the movie Scarface and commented that everybody died. I was expecting everyone involved in drug dealings to die including Pinkman and the attorney.

I would have ended the show with Pinkman driving the dying Walter White away. He buried White and disappeared. The legend of Heisenbeirg lives on.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:42 PM

I wouldn't have killed off Pinkman and the attorney though. I think that they shouldn't have killed off Pinkman's girlfriend there, and have Pinkman go to Alaska with her and Brock and start a new life together.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:15 AM

3,694 posts, read 1,971,142 times
Don’t fix what ain’t broke. First show I truly enjoyed from beginning to end.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:25 AM

11,733 posts, read 9,619,092 times
We were made to see the consequences of his actions. What we see is that instead of making his family financially secure after his death, he leaves them poor and under continual scrutiny of law enforcement. He takes away everything that has ever mattered to his partner, Jesse, and he gets his genius of a brother in law killed. He killed Gus and Mike. Saul had to go sell Cinnabon’s in Omaha under a new identity. Every reason he used to justify his actions went to ****, and every single person in his life was ruined for having known him.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 AM

1,481 posts, read 517,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
It was a pretty good show for all the hype, but I was somewhat disappointed in how in ended, cause I felt that Walter White's deeds should have yielded darker consequences than just Hank and Gomez's deaths. I feel that at least one more member of the family should have been killed as a consequence, other than just Hanks.
You 'feel'? What does that even mean?

While Jack wasn't a genius, he understood his trade fairly well. Walter was a capable foe who had established a meth empire and killed numerous people. And he was dying. Does he sound like the sort of person who would say 'Oh, you killed a member of my family. All right, now I'll leave you alone!'? Hardly. If anything, whacking one of the Whites would have run to counter-purposes for Jack. In the end, their enslavement of Jesse is what brought Walter to them and caused their demise. But at least that had a purpose in profit. Killing Skyler/Walt Jr./Holly wouldn't have. Characters must behave for logical reasons.

As to consequences...

Walter died, earlier than the cancer would have otherwise killed them. He died alienated from his family. As a result of his actions, even while he lived he lost Skyler and Walt Jr. and Holly. Did you miss Walter's time in New Hampshire? How his isolation there was physical survival but ultimately a fate worse than death?

Walter lost everything. If anything, the enduring contempt of Skyler and Walt Jr. was as emotionally devastating to him as if one of them had died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or