U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 02:19 PM

5,684 posts, read 5,493,018 times

Advertisements

I sorta enjoy watching, it, trying to love it, even with the strange mix of characters.

But one thing bugged me - the sexual harassment at work with Darlene and her boss. Thats totally not acceptable behavior at work and it actually made me mad.. I know its a fake show, but still that just made me mad. Darlene and her boss having sex like that. though he is a likeable character. but i think they screwed that up with the sexual harassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 02:25 PM

36,331 posts, read 44,472,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I sorta enjoy watching, it, trying to love it, even with the strange mix of characters.

But one thing bugged me - the sexual harassment at work with Darlene and her boss. Thats totally not acceptable behavior at work and it actually made me mad.. I know its a fake show, but still that just made me mad. Darlene and her boss having sex like that. though he is a likeable character. but i think they screwed that up with the sexual harassment.
I disagree. It isnt sexual harassment unless one of the parties doesnít like it. Back in the day, when I was an office worker, a little banter was just good clean fun. Iím not saying Iím in favor of genuine harassment, but it has gotten a bit too touchy in my opinion.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:01 AM

11,780 posts, read 32,451,677 times
I didn't like The Conners when it first came out and quit watching. I watched the other night to see if maybe it had gotten any better. And holy cow, it was just depressing. The entire show was nothing but one emotional trauma after another. Have all episodes been like that? It was like a soap opera with jokes, and the jokes weren't even that funny even though the studio audience was laughing hysterically.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession

Old 01-24-2019, 09:38 AM

8,952 posts, read 6,627,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I disagree. It isnt sexual harassment unless one of the parties doesnít like it. Back in the day, when I was an office worker, a little banter was just good clean fun. Iím not saying Iím in favor of genuine harassment, but it has gotten a bit too touchy in my opinion.

It is sexual harassment. It's just a matter if when and if one of the parties has a problem with it.

All that has to happen here is they break up. Lawsuit filed. Whether someone has a problem with it doesn't change the fact that it is harassment.. It just changes whether or not anything happens about it.

I basically gave up on this for a while right before the break.. Caught up on a few episodes earlier in the week.. I actually liked the one with Katey Segal, at least so far as the interaction between her and Dan. That was.. VERY realistic and well handled, I thought.

I still feel.. This show is lacking.. And it's in the same way it was lacking last year with Roseanne.. The long-reaching story arcs just aren't there, and that was something that was great with the original run of Roseanne. Her being missing is a big hole, but it's an interesting dynamic with her missing. Her not being there does hurt, but not massively.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:25 PM

42,966 posts, read 51,468,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
John Goodman looks like he got weight loss surgery and lost a lot of weight, the way the body loses weight, they end up looking gaunt like that.
Yeah. There used to be a saying about how after a certain age, you gotta pick your face or your butt. Only one could look good at a time. Usually if you lose the weight and 'get in shape,' the face goes. Badly.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:56 AM

7,365 posts, read 7,903,732 times
Renewed for another season.

Quote:
Word of the official pickup comes after the network closed deals with primary cast members John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert and Lecy Goranson, all of whom secured significant salary bumps as well as a piece of the back end. (Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert will now reportedly earn $375K an episode, up from $250K for Season 1; Goranson, meanwhile, is now said to be pocketing $165K an episode, which amounts to a double-digit increase.)

And what about the rest of the ensemble? Ames McNamara, who plays Darlene and David’s son Mark, will be back as a regular. But there are no deals currently in place for Michael Fishman (D.J.), Emma Kenney (Darlene and David’s daughter Harris), Maya Lynne Robinson (D.J.’s wife Geena) or Jayden Rey (D.J. and Geena’s daughter Mary), although all are expected to appear in some capacity. The same goes for Johnny Galecki, who recently told TVLine that he hopes to bring David back “as much as possible,” adding, “That’s kind of my second home… I still have a bit of a high school crush on that character.”
https://tvline.com/2019/03/22/the-co...SR623H0TyWFb10

Old 03-22-2019, 02:35 PM

653 posts, read 192,299 times
Yay!

Old Today, 06:02 AM

19,119 posts, read 12,116,706 times
I actually like it sans Rosanne. Jackie's annoying though. What the heck happened to her son, did the writers forget she had one?

Old Today, 08:54 AM

8,952 posts, read 6,627,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I actually like it sans Rosanne. Jackie's annoying though. What the heck happened to her son, did the writers forget she had one?

They haven't brought it up yet.. but have left enough clues that if they wanted to get into it, they could.

The episode back in S1 (Or S10 of Roseanne.. whatever) where Jackie got the dog.. They threw some lines about everyone leaving her.. So, they could tie back into that if they wanted to bring her son into the story fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV