U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 PM

7,207 posts, read 7,679,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s pretty stupid since I doubt most of the Twitterhive even watched the show. They’ll see.
It's amazing what Twitter can do. Rarely do they get it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 10:23 PM

1,296 posts, read 3,477,258 times
It won't work. I'm in the midst of a Roseanne marathon here at home watching all the seasons on DVD. The new show won't work without the chemistry of Jackie and Roseanne. They were like the "Lucy & Ethyl" of the show. To see Jackie without Roseanne from show to show isn't going to work, along with a lot of Darlene and her kids.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:52 PM

6,435 posts, read 8,102,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Either the money was good, or they thought it would be fun to get back together with the old crew for a season or two.
I suspect both.

Clearly this cast that worked together 20-some years ago have very fond and loving memories. Can't discount that feeling of 'family' that occurs with some casts who enjoyed working together and jump at the opportunity to do so again. AND, I'm sure the money is good, but it's not like the major cast members needed to do the gig because they were down on their luck and needed the paycheck. They're successful working actors/actresses. They know their Roseanne characters are beloved and they seem to love those characters too. No one needed their arm twisted to come back to the revival.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:04 PM

31,286 posts, read 9,326,378 times
[Q[/i]UOTE=lottamoxie;52504142]I suspect both.

Clearly this cast that worked together 20-some years ago have very fond and loving memories. Can't discount that feeling of 'family' that occurs with some casts who enjoyed working together and jump at the opportunity to do so again. AND, I'm sure the money is good, but it's not like the major cast members needed to do the gig because they were down on their luck and needed the paycheck. They're successful working actors/actresses. They know their Roseanne characters are beloved and they seem to love those characters too. No one needed their arm twisted to come back to the revival.[/quote]

LOL Those "loving memories" don't keep co-workers from throwing each other under the bus when a paycheck's involved.

IOW (and it's applicable to ALL workplaces)...We're all like family, here--except we're NOT.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:17 PM

6,435 posts, read 8,102,755 times
Don't kid yourself: some families will throw each other under the proverbial bus too.

Enjoying working with a group of people doesn't mean unconditional approval no matter what; there's no carte blanche for the main lead to do something that so angers the big bosses and offends some percentage of consumers of your product and immediately causes job loss of the whole team, and that will be okie dokie with members of the team. Rightly or wrongly the repercussions of this event affected everyone involved in the show.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:51 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,882,791 times
I swear I just heard John Goodman's voice/accent on a television commercial for abc news. Maybe he DID need the money from the Roseanne show.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:42 PM

7,207 posts, read 7,679,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I swear I just heard John Goodman's voice/accent on a television commercial for abc news. Maybe he DID need the money from the Roseanne show.
It's common for named actors to do commericals these days. Ed O'Neil for example does Claritan (I think it is). Matthew Mcconaughey is the spokesman for Lincoln.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:07 PM

2,247 posts, read 1,029,834 times
The Conners - Season One, Episode One

[Setting: the Conners' living room. Dan is on the couch. Darlene enters, stage right.]

Darlene: Have you seen Mom?

Dan: Your mom is in her room sulking.

Darlene: What happened?

Dan: She tweeted something and the press got all huffy about it and called her names.

Darlene: Do you think I should go talk to her?

Dan: No, I think it would be best to give her some space and never go into that room ever again.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:02 PM

3,686 posts, read 1,897,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Nah - he's been working steadily for almost 3 decades. I'm guessing he was approached by ABC to be the ABC news voice as it projects gravitas and confidence.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:25 PM

4,523 posts, read 2,120,277 times
I probably won't watch it. I loved the interaction between Rosanne and Dan. And I enjoyed the mother. I never liked the Jackie character but thought Metcalf was great as Sheldon's mom. Can't say I ever really liked any of the kids either - I watched the show for Roseanne and her interaction with people who weren't blue collar until it went too far out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV