Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 01:34 PM

1,406 posts, read 793,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Would that be Tim Thormerson? I love the actor because of "Jack Deth" but I guess not for he is not identified as "Phil" bur rather "Stevie" on IMDB......and not Dorothy's "relation" but Blanche's.

It does not seem to be a personification but nevertheless....................
Different character. I believe he was a baseball player who was dating Blanche, whom Blanche convinced to wear female undergarments during games. He ended up liking it a little too much and showed up at their house in a dress.

Phil was mentioned several times but never seen or heard.

Stop making me show how much Golden Girls trivia I know! My man card is in jeopardy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 01:38 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,737,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't think Wilson counts ... we definitely heard him. Every episode. "Howdy neighbor!"

And you saw all the parts of his face, just not at the same time, and his whole body when wearing a mask or from the back.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:42 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Wilson from Home Improvement
Maris from Frasier
Norm's wife Vera from Cheers
Wilson was seen on the series finale.

Maris, never. We saw her shadow in her cruise ship cabin and sucking on a straw through a hole in her shipping crate while her maid Marta held the glass. Forget it if you think I'm explaining that further.

Vera was seen on one episode, but her face was plastered with Boston Cream Pie during a pie fight when she opened the door. She only spoke three words as the credits rolled..."Nice friends, Norm."

Old 08-13-2018, 08:44 AM

4,874 posts, read 4,990,736 times
Cousin Jeffery, from Seinfeld.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:37 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,372,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Deep Space 9 is an interesting one for despite there being over 900 Starfleet Officers on the station by 7th season, Captain Sisko seems rather unburdened by so many people under his command. One would think he would at least have a Chief of Staff in the story to account for all of them, but no. Further, if Miles O'Brien is chief of operations and there are all these officers on the station, why is he so over worked in handling everything?
You made me think of Morn from Deep Space Nine, you could see him but he never sopke.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:49 PM

803 posts, read 756,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post

On UK television:
Liz’s husband on “Keeping Up Appearances,” who’s always off on business.
Mrs. Slocombe’s friend Mrs. Axelby on “Are You Being Served.”
How about the Bucket's (err... Bouquets) son Sheridan? So devoted to his mummy.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:58 PM

803 posts, read 756,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Also, Hyacinth and Richard's son, Sheridan was never seen...but from the way they describe him and his off-screen life, I can't imagine any depiction on screen could do him justice. We also never saw Violet's husband Bruce, as he was similarly the subject of jokes in dialogue that created quite a bizarre picture.
Bruce was cast in 3 last season episodes (confirmed by IMDB).... Played by a chap called John Evitts

Old 08-13-2018, 02:07 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,437,011 times
Diane on Twin Peaks. She was the one Agent Dale Cooper talked to on his dictophone all the time.

I'm not sure if she counts because 25 years later Showtime did a wrap-up season and she was seen on that season.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:39 PM

19,242 posts, read 15,118,143 times
These are old references, but Flip Wilson used to do a female character named Geraldine. She would often refer to her boyfriend, "Killer."

And Phyllis Diller would talk about her husband, "Fang," in her act.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:41 AM

23,548 posts, read 13,766,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
You made me think of Morn from Deep Space Nine, you could see him but he never sopke.
True but then again, Nova didn't speak in the first POTA flick, either.

Further, Morn did get some kind of recognition in Deep Space Nine during the season when the station was in Dominion hands. Remember when they had to get a message out that the mind field was coming down and they used Morn on the way to his Mom's birthday? "Favor the Bold"

ROSS: Are you sure this is reliable?
SISKO: I've known the courier for five years. I trust him.
If that kind of recognition doesn't say that a minor character is major in the story, what does?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV