U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 01:24 PM

2,268 posts, read 578,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
So what do YOU think?
If it's not a main character, I think we'll see the return of Dylan....and it will be him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 01:29 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Yes, I realize Jay has a young kid, but it's different than the other two couples.
I don't see how it's different. Killing off Jay would be a huge blow for the entire family, and I don't see how they can get past that in just a few episodes.

It hasn't been announced that this is the final season. In the interview, the one creator said he wants the show to continue on. Plus with the death being in the first half of the season, even if they kill off a main cbaracter, they still have 12+ episodes to go without them. It just doesnt seem likely they would kill off someone important to the show for no good reason (like if the actor had died).

Quote:
* If they kill Stella, I'll stop watching. Never EVER kill an animal off. Ever. Rough guess... they'll lose 20% of their audience if they kill an animal.
As long as they did it respectfully, like Stella died of natural causes or became seriously ill, I don't think it would turn off such a large percentage of the viewers. Now if they had Gloria murder Stella for chewing up another one of her shoes, hid the body, and played it off for laughs... Yeah, that would probably cause them to lose their audience.

But the death of an older pet is something a lot of people have gone through and can relate to. Stella has been around since season 2, and they originally got her from a trainer. It's not like she is a young pup. French bulldogs have a lot of health problems, and often only live 8-10 years.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:45 PM

Stella does make the most sense in terms of realism. But, if Sarah Hyland (Haley) was serious about leaving the show, it won't be Stella.

The producers are hoping for an 11th season. I believe Gloria is the highest paid. That could be a factor.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
But, if Sarah Hyland (Haley) was serious about leaving the show, it won't be Stella.
If one of the "kids" want to leave the show, it would make more sense for their character to move away instead of killing them off. Typically other shows will have them go off to college, move for a job, do mission work in Africa, etc...

Quote:
The producers are hoping for an 11th season. I believe Gloria is the highest paid. That could be a factor.
Killing off a character because they are the highest paid, or because they don't renew their contract just seems spiteful, and not good writing.

Old 09-17-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If one of the "kids" want to leave the show, it would make more sense for their character to move away instead of killing them off. Typically other shows will have them go off to college, move for a job, do mission work in Africa, etc...
Sarah Hyland (Haley) doesn't want to leave the show. She has threatened to leave the show if the planned death is the dog (Stella).

Old 09-17-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Sarah Hyland (Haley) doesn't want to leave the show. She has threatened to leave the show if the planned death is the dog (Stella).
She was laughing when she said that. She wasn't being serious. She isn't going to quit her job because the dog will no longer be on camera.

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018...ason-10-death/

Old 09-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
She was laughing when she said that. She wasn't being serious. She isn't going to quit her job because the dog will no longer be on camera.

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018...ason-10-death/
She was also laughing when talking about the possibility of her character being killed off. The entire interview was awkward.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,364,838 times
Can I choose who I would love to see leave the show; and the show could go on just fine???

Gloria

Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 PM

2,583 posts, read 927,156 times
I don't see them killing off a child, that can maybe happen in a drama show, but it would kill a sitcom, the audience could never get over the tragedy of that.

I think Phil and Claire are safe because they are two sides of the same coin and don't work as characters without the other.

Jay and Gloria...Jay is the touchstone of so much that happens, as a plot device he would be hard to lose. So for that reason I think Gloria is safe too. It would change Jay too much.

That leaves Mitch and Cam. I think it is one of them, and I give the slight edge to it being Cam. Not sure why, maybe I just think Mitch's character is funnier, plus he is not a blood relative.

Anyway, if one of them were to go, it would leave Pepper et al to close ranks with Mitch or Cam to help raise lily and there could be lots of levity and sensitivity that could be written in.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 PM

880 posts, read 417,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Can I choose who I would love to see leave the show; and the show could go on just fine???

Gloria
Is it that the show would continue fine without the mother of a young child and wife of the family patriarch? Or do you just not care for the Gloria character?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or