Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

One of my gay friends called this person a "SHE" and said it was "NOT A MAN!!!" Those are the exact words of a VERY OPEN gay person. That pic is disturbing and I could have lived w/o seeing it. Sorry but it is the truth. As another said, they have created a living breathing HUMAN BEING that did not get asked if they wanted to be born into a media circus. If the "parents" continue to live in the spotlight they may come to regret it someday. Hope that they don't for the sake of the child that did not have a choice in the matter. Maybe THEY should have thought of THE CHILDS FEELINGS instead of their own. Afterall, parenting is all about sacrificing in order to protect our children and for things to be in their best interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 07:59 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Well, you haven't really heard much since the Oprah show. Maybe they have come to their senses and realized that having a child is a private matter to be shared with moms and/or dad's.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:06 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
The reality is this person was born female. She still is female, otherwise she could not get pregnant. Men can get get pregnant people! Just because she has no boobs and wants to dress like a man and begin hormone treatments does not make her a women. Even when all the surgeries are done this person will always genetically be a woman. She/he will just have all the medical treatments we are technically able to do at this time to appear to be a man.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,188 times
I have only just heard about this, mainly because i dont read or watch the news but i did see the documentary on tv, and seriously i think its fantastic that two people who love eachother want to raise a child. I mean i have cared for alot of children who's parents probably should have never reproduced and people are getting enraged at this couple because the Father of the child is the one who gave birth and used to be a woman. In the eyes of the law he is a male, who cares what he used to be or what organs he still has, that child will grow up with two completly devoted parents. You hear about kids being abused and molested by their family members and murdered and tortured by their parents, i seriously doubt that this couple would do such a thing. So what in earth gives other people the right to judge them, no one is perfect, and this couple will probably be better parents than most familys out there. And if its a god thing, i beleive in god, but i can not beleive that god would let this happen if it was such a sin, and i do not beleive that god would be pissed off at this. Whats wrong with human beings loving eachother and wanting to share their life raising a child. whatever their gender... if their good people, then go for it.... if they were complete (you get the point).... then sure object, but you cant object to something however unusual it may seem to some people, actually works and raises a happy healthy human being.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:35 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
s/he's pregnant again.
I saw parts of the special, s/he's very likable.
Looked like they both loved the baby a lot.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:37 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I didn't read the whole thread so I may be in the minority, but this is so wrong to me. Honestly, how many of us would want to be the child having to explain this situation to our friends? Not me. I was picked on enough just for having a weird last name. I couldn't imagine having to grow up being picked on for this.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:28 PM

635 posts, read 1,686,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I didn't read the whole thread so I may be in the minority, but this is so wrong to me. Honestly, how many of us would want to be the child having to explain this situation to our friends? Not me. I was picked on enough just for having a weird last name. I couldn't imagine having to grow up being picked on for this.
I was wondering the same. So, who really is the father of the baby?? I mean, two women can't get each other pregnant - does anyone know who the father is (or donor)?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times
As others have said I feel bad for the child. I mean kids are tough enough on each other but now imagine the kid in middle and high school.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I'm gay and I thought it was sickening; however, if they are in love and are responsible people then I wish them the best with their child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
Does anyone else think this is just eeeewwwww? I could of lived without the knowledge. Did anyone think it was a real man anyway?

Old 12-25-2008, 05:35 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
They may turn out to be far better parents than some "normal" (accepted by society) parents....I'd say to each their own and good luck to them!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV