Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 09:04 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes, his wife filed for divorce the month before his suicide--and slapped him with a restraining order just the day before.

And the Quaaludes--interestingly, Kathy Prinze sued FP's doctor for "over-prescribing" them, and they reached a settlement. Then, despite multiple suicide threats by Prinze, and multiple calls to people, including her, saying goodbye and telling them of his impending suicide, and a suicide note, she also recovered on his life insurance policy.

I'm happy his son has a good marriage and family. He looks nothing like his dad lol--he's the image of his mom. He's tall like his dad, though, but not as tall. FP was about 6'2" and towered over a lot of people in the entertainment industry.

To be fair we never know what is going on behind the scenes with a marriage. Kathy Prinze probably was doing what she thought was best for her own safety and that of her child. Obviously no one though FP would off himself the next day on purpose or otherwise.

That being said listening to Mrs. Maria Pruetzel tell the story, it is clear blame was being assigned not just to Kathy Prinze, but elsewhere as well.
http://tracy_prinze.tripod.com/freddieprinze/id4.html

Yes, FP Jr. does seem to have the life his father never had. Great career, beautiful and loving wife, children, homes, success, etc.... He also seems to have avoided the demons which plagued his father, which is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 09:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
[QUOTE=BugsyPal;53721546]To be fair we never know what is going on behind the scenes with a marriage. Kathy Prinze probably was doing what she thought was best for her own safety and that of her child. Obviously no one though FP would off himself the next day on purpose or otherwise.

.....[/quote]

Who said that "we" do know what's going on in a marriage? And, yes, it IS obvious that no one thought FP would commit suicide the next day.

The fact is that, along with filing for divorce a month before, she slapped him with a restraining order the day before he committed suicide. To be fair, as I noted, he had a history of threatening suicide--and at least one attempt, so the only one seeing mention of the restraining order as laying blame on her...is you.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:20 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
To be fair we never know what is going on behind the scenes with a marriage. Kathy Prinze probably was doing what she thought was best for her own safety and that of her child. Obviously no one though FP would off himself the next day on purpose or otherwise.

Who said that "we" do know what's going on in a marriage? And, yes, it IS obvious that no one thought FP would commit suicide the next day.

The fact is that, along with filing for divorce a month before, she slapped him with a restraining order the day before he committed suicide. To be fair, as I noted, he had a history of threatening suicide--and at least one attempt, so the only one seeing mention of the restraining order as laying blame on her...is you.
Calm the eff down; no one is accusing you of anything, just pointed a few things out.

Go have a drink or something instead of getting worked up over a random internet post.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:23 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:

That being said listening to Mrs. Maria Pruetzel tell the story, it is clear blame was being assigned not just to Kathy Prinze, but elsewhere as well.
As Told By His Mother: Mrs. Maria Pruetzel

Yes, FP Jr. does seem to have the life his father never had. Great career, beautiful and loving wife, children, homes, success, etc.... He also seems to have avoided the demons which plagued his father, which is a good thing.
Thanks for the link. What a long read.

Kathy did what she thought she had to do. God forbid he kill not only himself but her son and possibly her as well.

Divorce sucks but we all do what we have to to get thru it. I had neighbors going thru my recycling for my ex. He was accusing me of child abuse and wanted custody; yet he's the one that kicked my teen son for a bad report card. I surely had a restraining order too that didn't stop him from throwing a bucket of shells at me when he dropped my daughter off. Cops didn't do anything. There were days I felt hopeless but I kept going for my kids.

No matter how many people Freddie spoke to that day/night, no one could stop him, not even his mother.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:45 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
His father was German, his mother was Puerto Rican.
I know. I've written a book about odd name changes; this one just amuses me with its unlikeliness. (And yes, I know there's a strong German contingent throughout Latin America as well.)

Old 11-25-2018, 10:26 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,788 times
Very little car repair went on in that garage.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:59 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Watched it regularly when I was in high school until Prinze's suicide. Just a sad and shocking thing.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:13 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
Had one of the best themes song ever.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 293 times
Quote:
That "too much, too soon" played out in many ways including the short marriage of Freddie and Kathy Prinze.

Basically FP was on top of the world profession wise then, and it showed. Money coming in and women of all sorts throwing themselves at the guy. Sadly FP also had a drug problem, in particular Quaaludes which lead to an arrest in 1973. His wife (likely fed up and thinking about their young son) filed for divorce soon after that event. The Suicide Death of Freddie Prinze

Living with someone who has addiction issues (booze, pills or whatever) often isn't easy, but when there is a small child or children in the home things take on an urgency.
I was ten years old when Freddie shot himself, and I remember thinking that if his wife hadn’t left him, he wouldn’t have done it. Of course, as I grew up, I realized that she had every reason to be concerned for her and her son’s safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV