U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 07:37 PM

4,818 posts, read 1,581,829 times

Advertisements

I dunno. It had its very good points and I love both actors to pieces, but overall it was too much of a rehash of Grace & Frankie with prostate jokes swapped for the vaginal lube schtick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:32 AM

14,094 posts, read 10,327,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
I dunno. It had its very good points and I love both actors to pieces, but overall it was too much of a rehash of Grace & Frankie with prostate jokes swapped for the vaginal lube schtick.
Usually I don't like watching "old folk" performances because they always seem to end up just like that, "schtick." But I thought "The Kominsky Method" had it ALL OVER "Grace and Frankie." "Grace and Frankie" was pretty much total schtick.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:07 AM

4,818 posts, read 1,581,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
But I thought "The Kominsky Method" had it ALL OVER "Grace and Frankie."
I'd completely agree, but KM got there second and thus just wasn't quite as fresh as it should have been. That said, I will make room for a second season, whereas I gave up on G&F after the second season.

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

4,220 posts, read 4,182,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
I absolutely loved The Kominsky Method!! Maybe supporting my husband as he went through an aggressive form of prostate cancer, not once but twice, made the prostate jokes therapeutic for me. I enjoyed Frankie & Grace, but I think TKM is better. The friendship between the two men feels more real to me.

Old Today, 05:43 PM

2,888 posts, read 4,463,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
This show is amazingly fantastic. I watched it over maybe three sittings (only 8 eps). Short episodes, 25 minutes or so, makes it easy to swallow. Michael Douglas is great, but Adam Arkin just kills. He deserves whatever awards will surely come his way.
Totally agree with you! Alan Arkin just SLAYS me as he says he funniest things with a straight face. On second thought, does he EVER smile in this show? I'm not sure...

Spoiler
I really like the scenes where Alan Arkin has conversations with his late wife.

Old Today, 06:18 PM

25,131 posts, read 40,852,746 times
We did not like the first two episodes so we almost stopped watching but then it got better and we were happy we stuck with it. Jay

Old Today, 07:55 PM

14,094 posts, read 10,327,189 times
When I watched the preview for it, I thought, as usual, Well, that's probably the best part of the whole show. But it actually lived up to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or