U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 08:17 PM

14,096 posts, read 10,327,189 times

Advertisements

Couldn't find a thread on this, which surprised me. Alan Arkin? Michael Douglas? Come on.

This is really funny, really touching. Even men can watch and get warm fuzzies. They have great chemistry. I haven't watched anything this good in a long time.

Musso and Frank's. Lol, awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 05:49 AM

10,354 posts, read 11,691,964 times
It is a very good show and I finished binge-watching it last week. There was a thread on it, but in the Retirement forum!! One of the best sitcoms I've seen in a long time.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:17 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,123 posts, read 4,874,626 times
Thanks. I having been starving for something to watch....... On Netfilx, correct?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:20 AM

3,732 posts, read 3,983,968 times
Awesome show! Hilarious! I have a new appreciation for Michael Douglas. You will find yourself binging.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:04 PM

10,354 posts, read 11,691,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Thanks. I having been starving for something to watch....... On Netfilx, correct?
Yes.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Three episodes in and I like it a lot.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:43 PM

4,819 posts, read 1,581,829 times
Quote:
Three episodes in and I like it a lot.
Three fast eps in and I think it might kill me.

Old 12-04-2018, 09:13 PM

Just finished the season. Looking forward to the next season.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:11 PM

18,184 posts, read 20,259,359 times
We really enjoyed this 'sitcom' and hope there will be another season. It is a more grown version of Grace & Frankie on Netflix too.

Kind of nice to see some of these older established actors coming back to bring good acting back into the entertainment world. They don't rely on laugh tracks, they have much better timing and some of them have aged really well. (I'm not talking about Jane Fonda's many trips to plastic surgeryville either)

Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 PM

3,780 posts, read 4,364,461 times
I would have sworn I contributed to this thread, but can't find my posts, so...

This show is amazingly fantastic. I watched it over maybe three sittings (only 8 eps). Short episodes, 25 minutes or so, makes it easy to swallow. Michael Douglas is great, but Adam Arkin just kills. He deserves whatever awards will surely come his way.

While it may not be for everyone, if you're over the age of 55 or so, you will love this. Love. This.

And some of the guest stars and supporting cast are also superb. Love Sarah Baker, and Nancy Travis, always great in whatever she's in, does not disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
It is a very good show and I finished binge-watching it last week. There was a thread on it, but in the Retirement forum!! One of the best sitcoms I've seen in a long time.
And that's why I can't find my posts. In the other forum.

Quote:
Just finished the season. Looking forward to the next season.
But they haven't said anything about a second season.

Wait... they just did!

https://tvline.com/2019/01/17/the-ko...chael-douglas/
Quote:
This calls for a celebratory Jack on the Rocks — and a Diet Dr. Pepper! Netflix on Thursday announced that it has renewed The Kominsky Method for Season 2, less than two weeks after the Chuck Lorre-EP’d series took home a pair of Golden Globes, including one for Best Comedy. The second season will consist of eight episodes.

The Kominsky Method centers on once-famous actor Sandy Kominsky (Douglas) and his longtime friend/agent Norman Newlander (Arkin), as they navigate their golden years in the youth-obsessed city of Los Angeles. Nancy Travis (Last Man Standing) and Sarah Baker (Young Sheldon) co-star as Sandy’s on-again/off-again girlfriend Lisa and his daughter/business partner Mindy; Lisa Edelstein (House) recurs as Norman’s drug-addled daughter Phoebe.

The single-camera sitcom marks Lorre’s second series at Netflix, following the one-and-done Kathy Bates multi-cam Disjointed. In addition to receiving the Golden Globe for Best Comedy, Douglas took home a trophy for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or