U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 08:07 AM

37,921 posts, read 17,778,507 times

Advertisements

Anyone else sick and tired of watching Ivar screaming "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 AM

12,051 posts, read 8,373,945 times
I just dont like the direction they decided to take Ivar in. History tells us that Ivar was the most feared Viking of all time, This show has him as a petty brat with delusions of being a god..

Old 12-14-2018, 01:40 AM

2,613 posts, read 3,863,898 times
Yes agree with everyone on Ivar. It would have been much more interesting if they focussed on his intelligence and ability to be very strategic. The Ivar now is becoming a bit of a caricature. I agree also that a lady like Alfred's future wife would be highly unlikely to jump into bed with Bjorn but a lot of the relationships are a bit incestuous with the brothers sharing some of the same women. Not sure what the point of that was?

I also wish the story stuck a bit more to history instead of the whole saga of the brother's fighting with each other and the whole Kattegat thing. It's a bit melodramatic now.

The show has finished though with 6b already filmed and being the last season.

Old 12-14-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Yes agree with everyone on Ivar. It would have been much more interesting if they focussed on his intelligence and ability to be very strategic. The Ivar now is becoming a bit of a caricature. I agree also that a lady like Alfred's future wife would be highly unlikely to jump into bed with Bjorn but a lot of the relationships are a bit incestuous with the brothers sharing some of the same women. Not sure what the point of that was?

I also wish the story stuck a bit more to history instead of the whole saga of the brother's fighting with each other and the whole Kattegat thing. It's a bit melodramatic now.

The show has finished though with 6b already filmed and being the last season.
last season? Is that confirmed?

Old 12-15-2018, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
last season? Is that confirmed?
Yes by the cast and crew and Hirst has made a final speech on the Viking's set.

Michael Hirst is already working on a new project with Martin Scorsese.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-michael-hirst

Old 12-15-2018, 07:50 AM

1,769 posts, read 950,032 times
Quote:
Yes by the cast and crew and Hirst has made a final speech on the Viking's set.

Michael Hirst is already working on a new project with Martin Scorsese.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-michael-hirst
I have seen no indication that season 6 is the end. Vikings is a cash cow for the History Channel. I doubt they are in a hurry to get rid of it. The article link is 10 months old. And Hirst could work on two different shows depending on his responsibility.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
I have seen no indication that season 6 is the end. Vikings is a cash cow for the History Channel. I doubt they are in a hurry to get rid of it. The article link is 10 months old. And Hirst could work on two different shows depending on his responsibility.
It is definitely finished as many of the actors and crew have posted on Instagram. It is also true that Michael Hirst gave a final speech to the cast and crew. You can get a lot of information on Reddit and other sites. Many of the main actors have hinted at it and no longer have their Viking hairstyles, 6b is the final. They film quite a bit in advance on these shows.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
It is definitely finished as many of the actors and crew have posted on Instagram. It is also true that Michael Hirst gave a final speech to the cast and crew. You can get a lot of information on Reddit and other sites. Many of the main actors have hinted at it and no longer have their Viking hairstyles, 6b is the final. They film quite a bit in advance on these shows.
Are any of these actors going to be in the new Roman show?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:40 AM

1,769 posts, read 950,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Are any of these actors going to be in the new Roman show?
As near as I can find the show is still just an idea. There is a script for a pilot and some hope to film beginning in 2019 in Italy but so far there isn't any TV outlet confirmed to run it.

And I still am not at all convinced Vikings is over after season 6.
No offense to Bernie20 but it seems to me if actors are announcing that on Instagram then the mainstream media that follows television would be aware.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
As near as I can find the show is still just an idea. There is a script for a pilot and some hope to film beginning in 2019 in Italy but so far there isn't any TV outlet confirmed to run it.

And I still am not at all convinced Vikings is over after season 6.
No offense to Bernie20 but it seems to me if actors are announcing that on Instagram then the mainstream media that follows television would be aware.
Some of the people involved in the show have shown a farewell speech from Hirst on their Instagram. There is also no news about a 7th series and these shows are done well in advance. It's filmed in Ireland so there is info out there if you follow people on Instagram.

I'm just reporting what's on Reddit and Instagram. Anyone can look into this if they wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or