Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 06:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
While I do agree that Alfred is the best choice for King I think Judith treats Aethelred terrible. I think he has redeemed himself by saving Alfred so I hope he doesn't get killed. Judith though was a terrible mother to Aethelred and a terrible wife to Aethelwulf.
Wow..there is major foreshadowing there..

And dont forget, Judith did kill Queen Quinthereth (sp)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 10:34 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,246,525 times
An official source confirms what Bernie20 said earlier.... season 6 is the end

https://www.tvguide.com/news/vikings...uBlJyWg4Fg038E

Last edited by craig11152; 01-04-2019 at 11:18 AM..

Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,246,525 times
I remember Michael Hirst saying in an interview once upon a time that he knew HOW Vikings would end if not when....

Spoiler
It would end with a Viking ship landing in North America

Old 01-04-2019, 12:59 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
It is fine with me that the show is ending. They had four interesting seasons, but when they turned Ragnar, the most interesting character in the show, into a junkie, that was the shark jumping moment.

Does anyone care about Ragnar's kids? Are you rooting for any of them? Alfred is now the most interesting character the program has and he isn't a Viking.

They have also decided to forsake realism in the battle scenes. They used to correctly show battles as enormous shoving matches between two shield walls, which is how they actually fought. Recently they have gone for the melee, have the two armies show up opposite one another, and then everyone just runs in a big mob and hacks away at whatever enemy is near.

Worst of all is that the show has done nothing to make us believe that Ivar would have been followed by anyone. He is full of BS but doesn't deliver on his promises. Ivar didn't defeat Lagertha's forces, that was accomplished by Rollo coming over and doing the work for Ivar. Ivar also deliberately held back the reinforcements when his side was losing the battle before that. No one was angry about that? And the business with sacrificing a great person...who Ivar announces is Lagertha even though everyone can see that she obviously isn't Lagertha. What the hell? Ivar killed his own brother for a minor insult, so why would anyone trust him for anything?

Old 01-05-2019, 02:51 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
An official source confirms what Bernie20 said earlier.... season 6 is the end

https://www.tvguide.com/news/vikings...uBlJyWg4Fg038E
Great that there is going to be a spin-off series though.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:56 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,467,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow..there is major foreshadowing there..

And dont forget, Judith did kill Queen Quinthereth (sp)
I hoped Aethelred would have lasted longer. How cold is Judith though to poison her first son? That is the end of Aethelwulf's line and King Ecbert (not historically accurate though because Alfred was Aethelwulf's son). I've always felt bad for Aethelwulf and now Aethelred.

I wonder if Judith will suffer any repercussions from this either mentally or otherwise?

Last edited by Bernie20; 01-05-2019 at 03:08 AM..

Old 01-05-2019, 09:43 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Personally, I could care less with the theatrical licence taken on real history. Afterall, most of the history from that period is a combination of truth, fiction and mythology.

MrsM and I love the show for what it is, great entertainment!!

Old 01-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I hoped Aethelred would have lasted longer. How cold is Judith though to poison her first son? That is the end of Aethelwulf's line and King Ecbert (not historically accurate though because Alfred was Aethelwulf's son). I've always felt bad for Aethelwulf and now Aethelred.

I wonder if Judith will suffer any repercussions from this either mentally or otherwise?
Right now, Jusith will do anything to protect Alfred..anything. Even if it meant eliminating the entire court, including his new wife if Judith feels she is a threat. I expect Aethelred's wife will be next on the chopping block since she hoped Alfred would die so her hubby could rule.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Judith is a hot mess. Actually hasn't she always been? A trainwreck of a woman.

The show still has my attention. Like someone else said, even "history" from that era is a mixture of stories, myths, and realities. So I don't mind the artistic license. I find the characters to still be compelling though I miss Ragnar!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Judith is a hot mess. Actually hasn't she always been? A trainwreck of a woman.

The show still has my attention. Like someone else said, even "history" from that era is a mixture of stories, myths, and realities. So I don't mind the artistic license. I find the characters to still be compelling though I miss Ragnar!
Judith was stable untill 3 things happened:

1. she had carnal relations with Athelstan

2. Her husband cut off her ear for it

4. King Ecbert gave her the freedom to do whatever she wanted

She is now guilty for personally murdering Queen Kwenthrith and her fist born son

Last edited by ELOrocks17; 01-07-2019 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV