Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 01:20 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I enjoyed the start. The new dealy looks interesting. I don't get voting off Reem, or any other new players. You have Wentworth and David right there in front of you. Vote them off. They had their shot and it's an easy target. Zero drama getting rid of them. Oh well. I like Wendy. Hopefully she stays around a while.
While I agree with voting off the returnees, Reem was obviously getting on everyone's nerves, and as often happens on Survivor, the squeaky wheel is the first one voted off. Personally, I'm glad she went, as she annoyed me greatly. It wasn't just moving people's stuff (which would have made me want to vote her off, as I hate people messing with my stuff), it was jumping down the young guys throat for saying she was motherly, trying to act like a teenager or something by calling everyone "dude" (which she did about 5 times just in that one episode, so I can only imagine how many times she actually said it), and getting super defensive all the time.

I will say though, that if I had been there and voting, I would have gone with a returnee if I could have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 08:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
When she was talking to those 2 guys about Reem and stuck to her guns about voting with her, after they were saying it should be Reem. After she walked off, one said to the other she might be the better one to vote off, with her being so stubborn.
Reem seems like she is used to getting her way in life.
Oh yes, thanks. I remember now they said that about Wendy. I didn’t think she was that bad but maybe she’ll catch on and dial it down a notch or two.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:06 PM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Reem - jeepers, if I didn't like her before the tribal, she certainly sealed the deal during. Just all kinds of defensive behavior. Who the hell would seek any motherly warmth from her? It will be interesting to see what happens next week and how she gets back in the game.

I too like Wendy. An absolute sweetheart. She'll get run over by the more vicious players.

Ugh Joe. Hopefully they will keep around long enough to blindside him. He's good right now for challenges.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:24 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
I'm going to be mad if one of the returning players wins this season... simply because I think the rest of the folks should be motivated enough to not let them have another chance at it.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:27 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Maybe on next week's episode they will discuss why they voted a certain way, but my best guess is that in case Reem had found an immunity idol, the majority of the tribe decided to split the vote so that Wendy would be next in line to go instead of Kelley or whomever else that Reem and Wendy decided to vote for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If I had to play with someone like Reem I would have killed her. Actually, I wouldn't have let her take my clothes and put them in the beach. I would have hung them up on a branch. I think she was lying when she told the one guy if he didn't want her to do that all he had to do was say so. She probably would have made a fuss.

If she does get to come back, there will be some very surprised people.

I don't understand why Wendy got several votes. Did they say anything about that?

Old 02-24-2019, 10:26 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
I do like seasons where there is no clear favorite (think Rob, Ozzy, Russell, etc.) and the game is anyones to win, I think that is the case this year. Joe is a great guy who'd I love to see win but he is too laid back, not strategic enough. Wentworth is not either, but David and Aubry are. Those two could pull off a win if they can keep the tribe from singling them out as the biggest threats, which they are.

The latest twist I have no idea what is going on there.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Dalton Ross had a very interesting behind-the-scenes write up over on Entertainment Weekly for the first episode. One of the things not shown in the premiere is that there was a crate of canned food underwater. A tribe reward clue was hidden on the marooning boat saying someone had to swim down from a buoy and retrieve the canned food for their tribe. Of course, Joe pulled it off. I guess it was cut for time.

Another thing he mentioned is that Keith almost drowned during the marooning. We saw him struggling but Probst actually had to yell at Keith's tribe to come back and help him.

Speaking of Keith, he was the smart one of the alliance of 3. When he saw Reem so intently throwing out Wentworth's name, he immediately when back to the rest of the tribe and told them of the plan. Wendy, on the other hand, dumbly stuck to her guns when Wardog (do I really have to call him that?) asked her about it. Even when he told Wendy that the whole tribe was voting Reem, Wendy still said she couldn't do it. That she was still going to vote with Reem. And just like that Wendy is next on the chopping block. Not a smart move at all.

And Tribal Council, again, Dalton Ross talks about so much that happened that didn't make it on the show. Apparently the back and forth between Wentworth and Reem got really heated, so much so that he thinks Wentworth took a hit as well with her tribe. Also, Reem kept going back to the moving clothes issue even after everyone else had gone away from it.

Dalton Ross also talked about the length of TC. The contestants walked in at 7:58 and voting started at 9:19. There were 2 breaks to change tape for filming during which contestants are locked down, can't talk. And there was an eight minute delay during voting from 9:28 to 9:36 when a camera light went out. So they were likely at that tribal council for over 2 hours from when they walked in to when they walked out. Seriously, go check his article out (though it doesn't talk about TC). Some very interesting stuff! One of the best is the picture from the marooning boat of all the cameras. This show really does take an army to create.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/02/20/survivo...ion-marooning/

Old 02-25-2019, 09:05 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I'm going to be mad if one of the returning players wins this season... simply because I think the rest of the folks should be motivated enough to not let them have another chance at it.
I hope they show more clips of the returning players. I started watching Survivor 2 seasons ago after not watching since 2003.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:00 AM

2,919 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Not much to comment on yet, except to say I was glad that Reem was voted out and I hope she doesn't win the opportunity to get back in the game. It was also nice to see how much more mature Kelly Wentworth has become. She wasn't the most likeable contestant her first season, a little better her 2nd time on.

Joe's always been a likeable guy (from what I recall); for some reason didn't care for Aubrey much on the show; and David I just find funny. The girl that seems to be getting on with Kelly well, Lauren I believe, seems like someone to watch. I could see them organizing an alliance to make it to the merge.

Besides Reem haven't found anyone to root against, yet.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post

Besides Reem haven't found anyone to root against, yet.
I'm rooting against "Wardog" simply because he calls himself "Wardog".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV