Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 11:08 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

I'm liking the commercial for tonight's show....Reem seeming to be on the verge of tears. Good, I hope she is miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 11:25 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm liking the commercial for tonight's show....Reem seeming to be on the verge of tears. Good, I hope she is miserable.
The pleasure we get out of someone else's misery, but if only it wasn't Reem. I would feel bad for anyone else.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:19 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
The pleasure we get out of someone else's misery, but if only it wasn't Reem. I would feel bad for anyone else.
Yes, except if it were Natalie from last season, I would feel the same way. If you are a jerk like them, I will feel good about your feeling bad.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:16 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
I didn't like Keith last week and I disliked him even more tonight. If you can't swim, don't apply to go on "Survivor." He was a definite liability to the team. Had he stayed, he would have been riding someone else's coattails. The way he acted like a little kid around Reem and wanted her to mother him was just silly.

But the worst was when he was faced with the choice of get to get in the boat or ending the game. It showed how immature he is. Moaning and groaning as he walked away like a spoiled brat and then "come on God!" The kid just ain't right.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:41 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
I tuned in tonight for the first time. I didn't realize Survivor was back.

I don't like the "returns". They are boring. I prefer all new people each season. But I like the twist at the end after they're voted out.

What is keith's problem? He needs a baby blanket and pacifier. Gosh, I hope he chooses to go home. I'm guessing he'll chose the boat though... if he finally decides that's what God wants him to do. Can you imagine being on that island with him?

Last edited by Javacoffee; 02-27-2019 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-27-2019, 09:02 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
Good lord people you are hard in Keith! I think he really wanted to play and realized he just didn’t have it. He was probably secretly relieved when he was voted out. Then seeing the option to stay.... what to do?

Without being able to swim, not knowing what is ahead...hopefully he’ll choose to not continue.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:57 AM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,289 times
And how about Keith's comment as he walked up to Jeff Probst to have his torch extinguished, "Good luck winning challenges now", or something to that affect. They looked at each other like "Whaaaaatttttt?????". After watching the shenanigans producers pull on other reality shows I had to wonder if Keith being torn about whether to stay or go home was 'encouraged'.

I thought Lauren hid her immunity idol awful shallow. Doubt anyone else finds it though. While they can't steal idols from each other I wonder what happens when a contestant finds an idol that someone else didn't hid well enough. If it's happened before I don't recall it. One of the things I didn't like about Survivor South Africa was they were allowed to steal idols, glad they don't do it in our version.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:47 AM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If you can't swim, don't apply to go on "Survivor."
If I knew I was going to be on Survivor, Alone or similar, I would spend my time practicing things like swimming, how to make a fire, how to build a shelter, fish trap, etc. It's not like any of these should be a surprise to contestants.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
And how about Keith's comment as he walked up to Jeff Probst to have his torch extinguished, "Good luck winning challenges now", or something to that affect. They looked at each other like "Whaaaaatttttt?????". After watching the shenanigans producers pull on other reality shows I had to wonder if Keith being torn about whether to stay or go home was 'encouraged'.

I thought Lauren hid her immunity idol awful shallow. Doubt anyone else finds it though. While they can't steal idols from each other I wonder what happens when a contestant finds an idol that someone else didn't hid well enough. If it's happened before I don't recall it. One of the things I didn't like about Survivor South Africa was they were allowed to steal idols, glad they don't do it in our version.
I thought that too. I'd never bury it in the open like that, or that shallow. There's nothing in the rules that state an idol can't be used by another player who finds it.

Watching that scene made me feel like the stage was being set. I'll be very suspicious if someone else stumbles upon that idol. I'm already suspicious of Keith's drama.

This is the first time in a couple of years that I tuned in to Survivor. Nothing has changed much. Mostly what we see now are players hunting for hidden immunity idols, talking about idols, lusting after idols. It's ALL about finding an idol. Survivor was better when it was simple and based on outplaying, outlasting and outwitting everyone else, without the use of idols to save them.

New generation of fans, so it's a new generation of rules and attractions, I guess.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:50 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Q
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Good lord people you are hard in Keith! I think he really wanted to play and realized he just didn’t have it. He was probably secretly relieved when he was voted out. Then seeing the option to stay.... what to do?

Without being able to swim, not knowing what is ahead...hopefully he’ll choose to not continue.
Hard on him because you know first and foremost when you sign in to play the game of"Survivor" you are part of a team that has to win challenges. Especially in the beginning. That goes a long way towards people deciding as to whether you are an asset or a liability. If you can't do something as essential as swimming, at least be an asset someplace else.

Right off the bat he aligned himself with a bully, Mommy Reem, for protection. That couldn't have won him any favors. Then he latched onto Chris to help him swim. One contestant helping another is noble so Chris was being a good guy but this is first and foremost a competiton. Helping a competitor may not be the best move. In this case it probably wasn't because Chris was literally held back in the water when he had to keep Keith afloat during the challenge. So much for swimming lessons. Then we see Keith can't climb either because he had to be pushed over the barrier causing his team to lose even more time.

And did Keith mumble something like "Good luck winning challenges," as he left tribal? I didn't quite catch it?

If he was of any use to the team we never saw it.

Then he wails like a baby when he's voted off, no one around to tell him what to do so he starts crying to God.

"Come on God!"

What is this, a football game?

I think he will stay and find mommy Reem on Extinction Island. Those two deserve each other.

This all may sound harsh but I really enjoy "Survivor" for the competition. I think his sole strategy was to clamp onto someone's coat tails and just sail tnrough. I dislike players who do that.

I know the producers always like to pick a weaker man or woman so we can see them thrive as the show progresses. Aubrey and Cochran are great examples, but they missed the mark with Keith.

Last edited by Minervah; 02-28-2019 at 08:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV