Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 07:07 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,149,662 times

Advertisements

I love this show and had no idea it was starting again. I haven't seen a single commercial that it was coming back. It starts in an hour. Going to try and watch it.

Newly elected sheriff Mark Lamb sends six volunteers into the Pinal County Detention Center on a mission to uncover valuable intelligence about the gangs, drugs and operational issues that plague his facility.

Last edited by Eldemila; 01-03-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 10:28 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,075,777 times
I watch this show and I am surprised I keep watching it. It is hard to watch the fights that take place. There is something about the show that is interesting to watch. A lot of reality shows are staged and I guess there could be some of that going on but I think the majority of what you see is real. There sure are a lot of tense moments and you want to keep watching to see which of the participating "inmates" makes it to the end.

This is a new prison for the show and it looks worse than the others. There always seem to be gangs involved but this facility looks really bad. I cannot figure out how they still have so much trouble with drugs getting in. You would think by now they would have figured out most of the tricks the prisoners use to smuggle them in and at the very least be able to stop the majority of it.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for all young people who have committed a crime no matter how small to be required to watch tapes of the show. Maybe it would scare the crap out of them to see where they could end up and what their life would be like.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I watch this show and I am surprised I keep watching it. It is hard to watch the fights that take place. There is something about the show that is interesting to watch. A lot of reality shows are staged and I guess there could be some of that going on but I think the majority of what you see is real. There sure are a lot of tense moments and you want to keep watching to see which of the participating "inmates" makes it to the end.

This is a new prison for the show and it looks worse than the others. There always seem to be gangs involved but this facility looks really bad. I cannot figure out how they still have so much trouble with drugs getting in. You would think by now they would have figured out most of the tricks the prisoners use to smuggle them in and at the very least be able to stop the majority of it.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for all young people who have committed a crime no matter how small to be required to watch tapes of the show. Maybe it would scare the crap out of them to see where they could end up and what their life would be like.
I don't know how old you are, but there use to be a show called Scared Straight that would take kids who are on the wrong path to a jail program to show them what their lives may look like if they didn't straighten up. You should look it up.

I agree, this jail looks worse than any others. I'm dying to know who blows their cover, as shown in previews.

I know there's editing in this show, but I don't think any of this is staged. I'll keep watching.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:10 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,972,636 times
It's on A&E, not TLC.

Old 01-05-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamitrail View Post
It's on A&E, not TLC.
I actually went back to fix it right after I posted the initial post, and it appears it didn't go through for some reason.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:32 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,700,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I love this show and had no idea it was starting again. I haven't seen a single commercial that it was coming back. It starts in an hour. Going to try and watch it.

Newly elected sheriff Mark Lamb sends six volunteers into the Pinal County Detention Center on a mission to uncover valuable intelligence about the gangs, drugs and operational issues that plague his facility.
Just a point of clarification. Sheriff Lamb was "newly elected" 2 years ago. Last year (as sheriff) he and Pinal County did a stint on "Live PD"

Old 02-19-2019, 02:23 PM

12,704 posts, read 14,876,224 times
I'm getting a bit bored & want to see more action or something. Ever since they've been in the jail, all the last several episodes have been the same.

Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 PM

5,490 posts, read 7,075,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm getting a bit bored & want to see more action or something. Ever since they've been in the jail, all the last several episodes have been the same.
Yes, this is without a doubt the most boring season so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV