Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have never heard of this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
Count yourself lucky
I saw a pic of this dude on the news! I still have no idea what is going on about him. No need to explain, I am reading the posts and am getting the general gist. Who is this guy? Is he famous? What for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I can't believe they're even allowing this cr*p on tv.
We shouldn't be giving this creep the time of day.
I think there is shock value as it being a warning to parents and an awareness to all about the power that one man can have to do terror. My question was why didn’t the lid get blown off all this with the peeing incident? I know that the world was very different in regards to how we viewed sexual abuse in 2000-2002 but giving an underaged girl that sort of shot didn’t ring a bell?

Old 01-09-2019, 08:08 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
I saw a pic of this dude on the news! I still have no idea what is going on about him. No need to explain, I am reading the posts and am getting the general gist. Who is this guy? Is he famous? What for?

He is a famous and very successful R&B singer. Been active since the early 90s...or sooner. So young girls around 14 are easy targets. I mean, this guy used those kids as human toilets. Dont waste your time reading anymore about who this pedophile is. Like somebody said, count yourself lucky not knowing who he is.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:22 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
R&B Singer from the the 90's till the present
You herd his music and probably didn't recognize, Or Care who it was.

This was his biggest hit. I hear this song in the elevator every other morning coming to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc

Old 01-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
R&B Singer from the the 90's till the present
You herd his music and probably didn't recognize, Or Care who it was.

This was his biggest hit. I hear this song in the elevator every other morning coming to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIQn8pab8Vc
Nope, never heard that song either! I liked it very much. So that guy turned out to be a real pos, huhn?

Old 01-09-2019, 10:12 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Nope, never heard that song either! I liked it very much. So that guy turned out to be a real pos, huhn?
The thing that leaves one's head shaking is that this was known about him a decade ago (there was a released video of him urinating on a minor girl) --but his fans ignored it.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The thing that leaves one's head shaking is that this was known about him a decade ago (there was a released video of him urinating on a minor girl) --but his fans ignored it.
I'm going to sound very bigoted here but there is no other way to say it.....considering who his fans probably are/were, does that surprise anyone? Or do I have the total wrong assumption of his fan base??

Old 01-09-2019, 11:13 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,500 times
Quote:
I'm going to sound very bigoted here but there is no other way to say it.....considering who his fans probably are/were, does that surprise anyone? Or do I have the total wrong assumption of his fan base??
His fan base are a bunch of idiots. This man married r&b singer Aaliyah when she was only 15 years old back in the 90s. That should have been the end of his career but these dingbats still support him. I saw a video of a woman screaming "Pee on me R Kelly" at a concert the other day. Something is seriously WRONG with them. Don't get me started on the male fans. I think they probably like underage girls, that's why they see nothing wrong with what this man has done.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:32 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
R. Kelly is a well known R&B singer that writes, produces and sings. He made a lot of sexually explicit R&B hits. (Bump and Grind, Your Body's Callin' and Sex Me - all those songs were on his 1st album in 1993).

The issue here is parenting. Why would you allow your 13 to 17 year old daughter to be left alone with a grown man (family member or not)? It takes two to tango. I remember being in Junior HS and the girls my age (12 - 13) were dating guys 16 to 21 years old. It's not a new thing. A young lady will believe that she is more "mature" and try to date a guy older than her.

The casting couch is real. There are people that trade their bodies for status, a job, fame, etc. This is not new.

A lot of these young ladies were fooled by his status, his ability, etc and traded their bodies. R.Kelly knew that people put celebrities on a high pedestal and some of the opposite sex can be coerced into doing anything with the celebrity status.

What R.Kelly did was wrong and he was never corrected by his friends, colleagues, family members, etc. But also the parents of these young ladies are at fault here in not raising their young ladies to have more class and respect for their bodies. And lastly, the ladies themselves need part of the blame. The whole issue with Aaliyah occurred in 1994 to 1995 so his story was out there.

Let's not forget these guys too:

Jerry Seinfield (38 years old) dating a high school girl, Shoshanna Lonstein, when she was 16 years old and dating her for 4 years. Paul Walker, Rob Lowe, etc.

Old 01-09-2019, 11:33 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Quote:
what about the fanbase of Jerry Seinfield, Paul Walker, Rob Lowe, etc??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV