U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 02:11 PM

407 posts, read 100,452 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the links!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,997,125 times
Definitely one of the funniest shows of all time, just an outstanding cast.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:57 PM

20,802 posts, read 20,972,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurn350 View Post
And Floyd the barber, too. Just real down-home humor.
didn't realize Andy and Floyd had a thing going on, I mean I always had my suspicions about Floyd and all but Andy didn't seem to me to be his type

Old 01-23-2019, 06:09 PM

2,715 posts, read 2,131,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, I don't remember any of these girlfriends - I've only watched the show a few times.

BUT, today on XM radio I heard Andy Griffith do a bit about Christopher Columbus asking King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella for funding to sail to the new world, and it was funny as hell. Really funny. You get the feeling that Griffith didn't rehearse every line, he was just a very funny story teller. The kind of guy who could tell a story at a party that would leave all the guests hooting with laughter.

I found the bit on YouTube. This is funny, whoever you are. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL1Nh57sE_w

I have heard that one. My favorite one is the Football story. He was a good storyteller.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:46 PM

25,163 posts, read 40,884,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
That would be Joanna Moore.

^^The above post regarding Eleanor Donahue-that would be Ellie Walker.

Next one up would be Sue Anne Langdon, who was just on for one show IIRC. As was Julie Adams, who played the county nurse. Again, just one appearance. IIRC there was one other woman involved before they got to Helen Crump, played by Aneta Corsaut. sad that Corsault died of cancer before the "Return To Mayberry" tv movie was made.
According to Wikipedia, Aneta Corsaut appeared in Return to Mayberry in 1986 and The Andy Griffith Show Reunion Show in 1993. She died in 1995 at age 62. Jay

Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 PM

10,459 posts, read 5,941,651 times
My Dad had us watching, "No Time For Sargeants". I think I was too young at the time to catch on to all the humor in it but I saw my Dad laughing a lot.

Just viewed "List of the Andy Griffith Show guest stars [en.m.wikipedia.org], and was surprised to catch some of the notes, that were pretty interesting in themselves, listing how we may have seen them from other shows. Also, listed more than one episode that Jack Nicholson was in. I only recalled the episode where he was a defendant in court and Aunt Bee was on the jury. I somehow missed placing him where he played a baby's father, in the episode, "Opie Finds A Baby".

I agree with a previous poster, regarding one of the best, most comical episodes being that of the loaded Billy Goat.

Cute, but not really comical, the episode/s where Opie has a crush on his teacher. The one where the Darling family try to get Opie to be the future husband of the daughter's little baby girl and using disappearing ink. Freaking out Papa Darling. My other all time favorite is Andy's renewed belief in his son's honesty, regarding the not made up, Mr McBeeVee.

The others were centered around Gomer and going into the Marines. My Dad enjoyed watching those episodes, as well as the break-off, "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.".

Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM

917 posts, read 438,953 times
I really miss these old shows. Happy we can still watch some of them. Not many feel good shows any more.

Old Today, 03:57 PM

407 posts, read 100,452 times
this may sound silly, but when i was studying Hinduism, i was imagining Andy as an Avatar, patiently helping the citizens of "Maya-Berry" with their everyday illusions about reality...<lol>

Old Today, 04:57 PM

2,199 posts, read 1,943,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I really miss these old shows. Happy we can still watch some of them. Not many feel good shows any more.
Totally. They just don't make'em like they used to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV