U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:08 AM

12,150 posts, read 5,792,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
David Bromstead is going round the bend. He enjoys that stupid throne and rhinestone thing waaay too much. Ive been a fan of his since that design show, which I think he won. Does anyone else remember when he had to make a room from things in a pet store. He made a cat litter carpet. So talented.

He just keeps getting swishier and swishier, and he’s going to turn off his fans. Be gay, I don’t care, but don’t shove it in my face.
^^^^This.

I find him to be very annoying. Lately, HGTV has been really pushing his "Lottery Dream Home" show. Not only are they running way too many commercials but I guess since I check HGTV's schedule online, it must have attached some cookies because now I'm seeing ads for that show when I visit some websites

I wonder why they are really pushing his show?

Back to the subject at hand --- I like "Hometown" and much to my surprise, so does my husband. He also likes watching Chip and Joanna when reruns of "Fixer Upper" are on. I do see similarities between the 2 shows. Both couples will add custom touches to the homes, which is nice. Plus both are about showcasing their hometowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 11:40 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,826,808 times
Quote:
Why do you call David Bromstad a drag queen? Because he's gay? He dresses like a guy.
Referencing the other poster who originally called him a drag queen, which is also where the listing of shows came from. I could care less how he dresses.

Quote:
As long as it's not that drag queen from My Lottery Dream Home!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:14 PM

15,367 posts, read 24,235,108 times
i miss property virgins with Egypt Sherrod and Sandra Rinomato.

yes, Candice Olsen also.

I feel like every time i turn HGTV on, property bros and Fixer are on.
I do not like Chip at all, I find him gross to look at, always a mess, and not in a rugged way.
I do not like his childish behavior, its not cute, its actaully sickening.

David Bromstad, while talented, I do not like his taste or styles at all.

Tarek and Christina I used to like, but eh, not so much anymore....

I too think they should not have the same show after show all day long.

hey rehab addict, where is she, I liked her....

Old 01-18-2019, 11:02 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,249,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
He was so adorable back when he was the Season 1 winner of Design Star, and a real talent to boot. Then at some point TPTB at HGTV decided to turn him into Liberace's long-lost grandson.

And whatever happened to Candice Olson? She rocked that network back in the day.
I really miss Candace Olson's Divine Design too! All of her rooms were tasteful and perfect. I know the waiting list for her services was a few years long. I wonder what she is doing now. I loved that show and I would prefer reruns of it over the current shows. I can't stand the wife on Hometown.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:47 PM

3,190 posts, read 2,847,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Good God, who doesn't love Chip and Joanna? Do you kick your dog when no one's looking?
I'd rather witness a colonoscopy than watch another episode of Love It or List It.

I can't stand Chip and Joanna either. Haven't seen the Home Town show but really, how many houses can there be in small town MS??

The only other shows I watch are all the Nashville ones (to keep an eye on the market - thank you people for moving here and doubling the value of my house) and Desert Flippers (since I want to move there eventually).

Old 01-19-2019, 02:24 PM

35,690 posts, read 43,872,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
i miss property virgins with Egypt Sherrod and Sandra Rinomato.

yes, Candice Olsen also.

I feel like every time i turn HGTV on, property bros and Fixer are on.
I do not like Chip at all, I find him gross to look at, always a mess, and not in a rugged way.
I do not like his childish behavior, its not cute, its actaully sickening.

David Bromstad, while talented, I do not like his taste or styles at all.

Tarek and Christina I used to like, but eh, not so much anymore....

I too think they should not have the same show after show all day long.

hey rehab addict, where is she, I liked her....
I think Rehab Addict Nicole might have gone round the bend. It just got really weird with her. Estranged from her parents and her baby daddy.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:14 AM

13,010 posts, read 24,380,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I can't stand Chip and Joanna either. Haven't seen the Home Town show but really, how many houses can there be in small town MS??

The only other shows I watch are all the Nashville ones (to keep an eye on the market - thank you people for moving here and doubling the value of my house) and Desert Flippers (since I want to move there eventually).
Glad I'm not alone Chip and the ship lap queen do nothing for me, hokey hokey to the max

Old 01-20-2019, 08:32 AM

1,151 posts, read 215,636 times
While I do like Chip and Jo, I'd like to see some shows that focus more on the design element as well as landscaping and gardening, not just picking a home out of 3 choices or a complete rehab.

I'm not going to completely "demo" my house, but would like to get tips and ideas for decorating, trends and making use of various spaces. I'd love to also see different ideas for yards and gardens.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:15 AM

35,690 posts, read 43,872,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
While I do like Chip and Jo, I'd like to see some shows that focus more on the design element as well as landscaping and gardening, not just picking a home out of 3 choices or a complete rehab.

I'm not going to completely "demo" my house, but would like to get tips and ideas for decorating, trends and making use of various spaces. I'd love to also see different ideas for yards and gardens.
I would like that too...more focus on landscaping, and no more of the same old thing. I hate when they take all the character out of a house. It seems like any show with a spark of originality doesn’t last. There was one with a guy named Brett. He was tall and wore a cowboy hat. He did beautiful and careful restorations on old houses, always respecting the original style. Sort of like Rehab Addict, except he did not go cheap and make do like Nicole did.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:12 PM

25,191 posts, read 40,914,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I would like that too...more focus on landscaping, and no more of the same old thing. I hate when they take all the character out of a house. It seems like any show with a spark of originality doesn’t last. There was one with a guy named Brett. He was tall and wore a cowboy hat. He did beautiful and careful restorations on old houses, always respecting the original style. Sort of like Rehab Addict, except he did not go cheap and make do like Nicole did.
You are talking about the DYI Network’s show named Restored with Brett Waterman. That is a great show. He has done some amazing work. He restores historic homes in and around Redwood, California. The show has been on for two seasons. Not sure when or if a third season is planned. I hope so because it is very good. Jay

https://www.diynetwork.com/shows/restored
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV