U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 07:31 PM

25,191 posts, read 40,914,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
I do like Desert Flippers. I agree that Eric and Lindsey Bennett are likeable, just like Chip and Joanna Gaines. I look forward to watching it.

I used to like Flip or Flop but now that they are divorced (didnít they just have a baby?) their bickering on camera is cringe worthy.

I canít stand Love It or List It. The show has gotten to fornulaistic. Same plot line on every show.

Also canít stand Property Brothers. These guys like to rip the character out of a home and replace it with a design that is so trendy it will be out of style before the closing credits of the show are run. Plus these guys are such hypocrites because they stand there are make fun of past design choices made while their designs are questionable at best. How obnoxious.

I also am not impressed with the Nashville shows. The architecture of the homes being redone is kind of boring. Seems to be mostly cheap boring and ugly ranches. Canít say the Atlanta shows are much better. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:53 AM

4,163 posts, read 5,073,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You are talking about the DYI Networkís show named Restored with Brett Waterman. That is a great show. He has done some amazing work. He restores historic homes in and around Redwood, California. The show has been on for two seasons. Not sure when or if a third season is planned. I hope so because it is very good. Jay

https://www.diynetwork.com/shows/restored
I loved that show I recorded the series but haven't seen any new shows in a while. My favorite house is the craftsman bungalow and he seems to do a lot of those on his show.

Quote:
I do like Desert Flippers. I agree that Eric and Lindsey Bennett are likeable,
They are very enjoyable to watch. He is hilarious and she always laughing with/at him.
Palm Springs looks like a very desirable area, I can take the heat, much better than 14 degrees here today in NY...

Old 01-21-2019, 04:58 PM

3,190 posts, read 2,847,204 times
Quote:
I also am not impressed with the Nashville shows. The architecture of the homes being redone is kind of boring. Seems to be mostly cheap boring and ugly ranches.
Hey - at least none of them are tearing down all the old houses and building those ugly "tall and skinnies" all over town like the real developers are doing. When you are paying $350-500K for a tiny lot, that's about all you can do. Nashville housing architecture basically sucks, except for pockets of Craftsman houses (which after rehab run well over $600K).

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...now/679288001/

Old 01-21-2019, 06:39 PM

25,191 posts, read 40,914,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I loved that show I recorded the series but haven't seen any new shows in a while. My favorite house is the craftsman bungalow and he seems to do a lot of those on his show.

They are very enjoyable to watch. He is hilarious and she always laughing with/at him.
Palm Springs looks like a very desirable area, I can take the heat, much better than 14 degrees here today in NY...
Season 2 of Restored was run in 2018 so I assume Season 3 will be coming later this year. I have not seen anything to say whether it is returning or not. Certainly hope it does. I liked it a lot. Jay

Old 01-21-2019, 09:15 PM

15,367 posts, read 24,235,108 times
Quote:
I do like Desert Flippers. I agree that Eric and Lindsey Bennett are likeable, just like Chip and Joanna Gaines. I look forward to watching it.

I used to like Flip or Flop but now that they are divorced (didnít they just have a baby?) their bickering on camera is cringe worthy.

I canít stand Love It or List It. The show has gotten to fornulaistic. Same plot line on every show.

Also canít stand Property Brothers. These guys like to rip the character out of a home and replace it with a design that is so trendy it will be out of style before the closing credits of the show are run. Plus these guys are such hypocrites because they stand there are make fun of past design choices made while their designs are questionable at best. How obnoxious.

I also am not impressed with the Nashville shows. The architecture of the homes being redone is kind of boring. Seems to be mostly cheap boring and ugly ranches. Canít say the Atlanta shows are much better. Jay

exactly, and we will be doing it to thier (horrible) choices in about 4 years.....

they all forget at the time, it was the trend, style, fad, or what ever they called it.

today for some reason they really focus so much on appliances like they have become some sort of miricle invention...

Old 01-26-2019, 12:42 AM

1,087 posts, read 586,463 times
I like Home Town. I like that their homes are not a million dollars for 1200 sq feet.

Yeah, not a fan of lottery dream home thing they got going now. That's just a twist on House Hunters which is beyond boring.

Now we've got that Windy City rehab thing...not sure about her...

Did you know Tarek and Christina are going around the country together selling their "idea" of how to make money with real estate?

I don't get the attraction of Property Brothers. Lame made up sparring between the brothers.

Actually don't know why I watch this channel much any more.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

55 posts, read 13,646 times
I miss the variety that HGTV used to have, too. I never missed one of Scott MacGillivray’s shows.

Home Town is good and also the show in Indianapolis with mom Karen and daughter Mina,can’t recall the show’s name.

Most of the shows follow the same formula which is why I miss the oldies like Property Virgins, Designers Challenge. etc.

Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM

9,046 posts, read 16,016,948 times
I'd vote for Steve and Norm, myself.

Old Today, 10:21 PM

17,999 posts, read 22,324,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Why do you call David Bromstad a drag queen? Because he's gay? He dresses like a guy.
I have nothing against drag queens, but David Bromstad is not one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV