U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 PM

20,551 posts, read 8,688,918 times

Advertisements

I love Netflix and always wondered why it was so much cheaper than HBO, Showtime, etc. when it has so much more content.

It is called inflation and affects many many prices. Imho, Netlix is worth the extra $24 per year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 06:43 AM

615 posts, read 301,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Movies are cheap in your area! LOL
Matinee plus Senior discount!

Old 01-22-2019, 07:23 AM

7,321 posts, read 4,765,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It is the highest price increase level in the history of the company. They are blaming the same old thing: the high cost of their (albeit excellent quality) original programming. It's still not expensive, but considering subscriptions are increasing by nearly 20% and their subscription last increase was barely a year ago, this notification made me decide not to rejoin after all.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/media...ces/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Cancel over $2 more a month?
LOL. So you want them to produce excellent quality at low cost??? LOL.

Why not get the cheapest plan?

Old 01-22-2019, 10:01 AM

1,796 posts, read 970,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Matinee plus Senior discount!
You can get both on the same ticket?
At my local theater matinee ticket (before 5pm 7 days a week) is $5.75 for anybody
evening prices after 5 are....
Seniors $7.75 (62 and up)
regular adult $10.50 weekday evening $11.00 weekend evening.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:21 AM

7,321 posts, read 4,765,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
You can get both on the same ticket?
At my local theater matinee ticket (before 5pm 7 days a week) is $5.75 for anybody
evening prices after 5 are....
Seniors $7.75 (62 and up)
regular adult $10.50 weekday evening $11.00 weekend evening.
Let's start a gofund me page for OP.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:43 AM

3,822 posts, read 4,424,316 times
We watch a LOT of NEtflix in our house, and so even with the price increase it is completely worth it in our house.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:47 PM

3,865 posts, read 8,755,088 times
I usually only pay for Netflix for 2 months out of the year and cancel the rest of the time. Since Netflix makes entire seasons of shows available for immediate viewing, there is no reason for me to have this service every month. I just wait for a few shows I want to see, watch them over the course of a month, then cancel. Netflix is set up perfectly for this type of viewing.

Old 01-22-2019, 05:27 PM

615 posts, read 301,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I usually only pay for Netflix for 2 months out of the year and cancel the rest of the time. Since Netflix makes entire seasons of shows available for immediate viewing, there is no reason for me to have this service every month. I just wait for a few shows I want to see, watch them over the course of a month, then cancel. Netflix is set up perfectly for this type of viewing.
A great binge method!

Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM

75 posts, read 19,624 times
Skimmed the responses but didn't see this mentioned so will throw in my .02c. When NF streaming started it was looked at by the big boys as nothing to take serious and they all lined up to lease out their old shows for a fee. And NF early streaming library was nothing to get excited about. We all know how things have changed and now all those big boys are trying to play catch up with their own services and many will no longer license shows to competitors. NF is left with few alternatives but to make their own content, which costs money, which gets passed along to consumers. It's still a great value for the monthly fee IMO, but there could be a point at which I would no longer pay...or would have to think about it long and hard. Mid $20's maybe? Possibly in the $30's if they have enuf must see shows. IDK, I will cross that bridge when it comes but for now I don't mind this increase. I am also a shareholder and the stock has treated me well.

I've been a cord cutter for a couple years now and NF is an integral part of that along w/ Amazon Prime and YouTubeTV plus a few other odd streaming freebies on the Apple Box and Smart TV.

Old Today, 02:04 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,399,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
Skimmed the responses...

I've been a cord cutter for a couple years now and NF is an integral part of that along w/ Amazon Prime and YouTubeTV plus a few other odd streaming freebies on the Apple Box and Smart TV.
Totally agree! I've really been amping up my Prime viewing with Brit series & Amazon is improving the film selection too. But NF still rules with both of those genres & especially original series. Series I wouldn't have thought I would be interested in, like Wild Wild West or The Crown or other surprises are just head & shoulders better than most TV series & their output volume is bigger than HBO at this point.

I wish the price increase was less but it's not a dealbreaker yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV