U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM

8,695 posts, read 6,418,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
The only thing that I skip through are the paranormal things---boring to me.

I hate the flat out BS ones.. "Mothman", "Bigfoot" and "Chupacabra" and the like..

But, things like the Taos Hum, Nazca Lines and Marfa lights are interesting, pending on whether you consider them truly 'paranormal'.. And, their segment on Amelia Earhart was one of the best I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 11:49 PM

361 posts, read 95,836 times
I totally forgot how Raymond Burr and Karl Malden both hosted Unsolved Mysteries back when it was first flighted into the schedule on NBC as a series of specials back in 1986 and 87. As for cases, the reenactments were much creepier in the early years with the dark key lighting and low synthesizer tones leading up to a moment where a person went missing or was murdered. One that stuck with me was about a teenage couple in the Midwest (maybe Missouri) The girl is kidnapped and calls out to the boyfriend for help. He tracks down and chases the kidnappers, but his car breaks down before he can rescue her. The girl was later found murdered. I tear up about that case even as I write this. I didn't mind the Lost Loves stories, but the cases I could do without were the ones about Bigfoot.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 AM

8,695 posts, read 6,418,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by droc31 View Post
I totally forgot how Raymond Burr and Karl Malden both hosted Unsolved Mysteries back when it was first flighted into the schedule on NBC as a series of specials back in 1986 and 87. As for cases, the reenactments were much creepier in the early years with the dark key lighting and low synthesizer tones leading up to a moment where a person went missing or was murdered. One that stuck with me was about a teenage couple in the Midwest (maybe Missouri) The girl is kidnapped and calls out to the boyfriend for help. He tracks down and chases the kidnappers, but his car breaks down before he can rescue her. The girl was later found murdered. I tear up about that case even as I write this. I didn't mind the Lost Loves stories, but the cases I could do without were the ones about Bigfoot.

Angela Hammond case. Still unsolved.

https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com...Angela_Hammond

I still have suspicions about the boyfriend in that case.. She screams and he drives there so quickly to see the vehicle.. Screws up his transmission.. Doesn't get a look at the plates on the vehicle..

I know he passed a polygraph and there's other witnesses, but.. Something about that guy rubs me wrong.

Old Today, 12:41 PM

138 posts, read 44,859 times
Maybe we can finally find out who was the Circleville letter writer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or