U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:53 AM

14,646 posts, read 21,005,762 times

Advertisements

Iíve only seen the Netflix version. Wow is all I have to say!! How many people blindly followed this guy. I canít imagine being in that situation and continuing on with the sham as they got closer to the date. Excellent show seeing it from so many different peopleís perspectives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:09 PM

7,282 posts, read 7,787,809 times
I saw them both. IMO the NEetflix one was better because it talked more about how we got from point A to pont B. The Hulu one to me felt very convoluted seemed like they had an interview with Billy McFarland and tried to make a documentary around it. The Netflix one gave us an understanding of how this was really never about creating a festival as much as it was creating a promotion for an app.

Also, I dont think anyone really "blindly followed" him. I think people found themselves in positions where they were stuck and had to make do with what they had

Old Today, 12:13 PM

21,894 posts, read 23,244,979 times
Both films are getting some criticism for being unethical documentaries-- for the Netflix one the F#$@Jerry team served as producers, which affects impartiality, and the Hulu producers paid McFarland for his interview, which is generally a no-no.

Old Today, 01:15 PM

7,282 posts, read 7,787,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Both films are getting some criticism for being unethical documentaries-- for the Netflix one the F#$@Jerry team served as producers, which affects impartiality, and the Hulu producers paid McFarland for his interview, which is generally a no-no.

I eard both criticisms before watching them and still the Netflix one seemed more genuine and really the JerryMedia (old name) team was really just promoting the event based on what was given them. Their commentary made enough sense that it was easy to take it as truth

Paying Billy McGarland (by Hulu) really didnt do anything because his interview was the worst part of the docu.

Interviewer: "what charges are you facing"
Billy: "I cant speak on pending litigation"
Interviewer: "you cant even tell us what you are being chaged with?"
Billy: "I cant speak on pending litigation"

Old Today, 05:01 PM

14,646 posts, read 21,005,762 times
I just finished he Hulu version, definitely not as good. I would have been very confused if I had not watched Netflix first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV