U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 12:16 AM

1,454 posts, read 643,360 times

Advertisements

Y: The Last Man is a post-apocalyptic science fiction comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra published by Vertigo from 2002 through 2008, it seems that FX ordered a pilot in hopes for an upcoming series. I can't wait it is to date my favorite Graphic novel.

The plot

Quote:
On July 17, 2002, all living mammals with a Y chromosome—including embryos and sperm—simultaneously die, with the exception of a young amateur escape artist named Yorick Brown and his Capuchin monkey, Ampersand. Many women die from disasters caused by the men's deaths, such as plane crashes. Society is plunged into chaos as infrastructures collapse, and the surviving women everywhere try to cope with the loss of the men, and the belief that, barring a rapid, major scientific breakthrough or other extraordinary happening, humanity is doomed to extinction.

I love the comic as that would be my ideal world lol. plus it was a well written and thought out story.

Anyone else looking forward to the series?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:04 AM

15,457 posts, read 20,087,451 times
I have liked a lot of Brian K. Vaughan's stuff. I never could get into this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV