U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM

2,813 posts, read 8,991,580 times
Arrow Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead

Has anyone else caught this new series on Lifetime with the English psychic Lisa Williams? If the series disclaimer is totally true (that she has never met the people she reads or known of them before the readings), she's by far the best psychic I've ever seen. She makes the others look like frauds as she zeroes in on names, facts, scenarios, and seems to be extremely accurate and quick, and she does it without extracting information from her hosts. She just dives right in without asking her clients anything. I must say I think the others, Sylvia Browne, John Edward, etc. are frauds, but I think Lisa Williams is the real thing. I'm curious if anyone else watches her. I can't rip my eyes off her on Monday evenings when she comes on.
Her grandmother apparently was a very well known psychic as well in England and gave readings to the Royal Family. She apparently told Lisa that she'd move to America and find fame.
I find her belief in past lives, etc. troubling, and she apparently refers to spirit guides, but her accuracy I don't doubt, even though I don't know the source of it.

Last edited by MoMark; 12-18-2006 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 07:19 PM

5,019 posts, read 8,588,697 times
I don't watch much TV.
I trust your recommendations (anyone who cleans with bleach-water and collects fabulous antiques and has discovered the charms of the Midwest has to be pretty darn sharp) and so I googled her. Fascinating stuff. Will try to make a point to catch one of the shows.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:22 PM

2,813 posts, read 8,991,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I don't watch much TV.
I trust your recommendations (anyone who cleans with bleach-water and collects fabulous antiques and has discovered the charms of the Midwest has to be pretty darn sharp) and so I googled her. Fascinating stuff. Will try to make a point to catch one of the shows.
Awww yer makin' me blush plaidmom.. Ya ain't so bad yerself with that fantatic house!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:28 AM

396 posts, read 1,265,865 times
I thought they took her off the air, I read her last show was the finale! I was sooooooo disappointed Mark. I really liked her personality.......she is contagious and I also thought she was for real, and I don't usually believe in that stuff.
If she was on last night that means I was wrong.............YIPPIE!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 AM

7 posts, read 46,525 times
Lisa really is catching. Better than S. Brown. I also like the fiction show,
"Medium," on Saturday nights.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:57 AM

24,607 posts, read 26,392,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Has anyone else caught this new series on Lifetime with the English psychic Lisa Williams? If the series disclaimer is totally true (that she has never met the people she reads or known of them before the readings), she's by far the best psychic I've ever seen. She makes the others look like frauds as she zeroes in on names, facts, scenarios, and seems to be extremely accurate and quick, and she does it without extracting information from her hosts. She just dives right in without asking her clients anything. I must say I think the others, Sylvia Browne, John Edward, etc. are frauds, but I think Lisa Williams is the real thing. I'm curious if anyone else watches her. I can't rip my eyes off her on Monday evenings when she comes on.
Her grandmother apparently was a very well known psychic as well in England and gave readings to the Royal Family. She apparently told Lisa that she'd move to America and find fame.
I find her belief in past lives, etc. troubling, and she apparently refers to spirit guides, but her accuracy I don't doubt, even though I don't know the source of it.
Well, I actually love Sylvia Browne! Don't know if everything she says is true, but I've seen her lecture a few times & have read many of her books... and if nothing else, she does offer a lot of comfort & spiritual guidance. Her book "Blessings from the Other Side" really helped me, and gave me some good tips for daily life. As for Lisa Williams, I've never heard of her... but maybe I'll check out the show, and tell you what I think!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 PM

331 posts, read 1,316,595 times
I find it entertaining but don't believe in those trying to profit from a "gift." I am one of those, that in this type of thing... would believe it it happened to me.

And Phanay... I really enjoy Medium and Ghost Whisperer. But I think I would hate to always see the dead. How depressing that would be.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanay View Post
I also like the fiction show,
"Medium," on Saturday nights.
Medium is a terrific show!! I just got into it recently, and zipped through the first 2 seasons on DVD... so far the new season has been good, but I'm not sure it's as good. We'll see, though!

Ghost Whisperer is also a cool show, much more "hokey" than Medium... but it's entertaining, and I'm a sucker who always cries at the end. Plus I think they have better special effects, which can actually get kinda creepy. Oh, but what's up with the constant boobie-shots? Maybe the men enjoy it, however I'd guess the main audience is female anyway - so give it a rest!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM

243 posts, read 591,437 times
S. Brown? I just don't believe her!!!!! She seems she takes her clues from what the person says. She is not conviencing.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosk View Post
S. Brown? I just don't believe her!!!!! She seems she takes her clues from what the person says. She is not conviencing.
Have you ever seen her lecture? It's quite convincing to me, and I'm not easily fooled. Like I said, I don't know if she's 100% on the up & up, but she does have some abilities... and her yearly predictions have a pretty high accuracy rate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV