Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 08:22 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times

Advertisements

Nope, I saw 1969 live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 09:42 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
ABC is probably the worst hatchet channel so I'd be afraid to start anything new I might like on that network.
This is a fixed length mini-series. It's already produced and "in the can", as they say. Six parts, all will air, on six consecutive Tuesdays. No fear of cancellation.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:42 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
I am watching it now (currently on Chappaquiddick) and while I find it interesting I was bugged by the space episode. It seemed like they wanted to include the women (as well as black women) but it was like like they just threw them in there to say "hey I'm over here!!!"

Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I've got no problems with the young commentators who are historians and researchers of the era. My objection is for the commentators who were not born until way after 1969 and pontificate as if they are an authority on the era just because they are currently an engineer or an astronaut. That young lady engineer in the first episode, spoke as if she were an expert on the era and as if she were there. She has no credibility other than modern technical knowledge and she should have expressed more gratitude to the women who came before her and made it possible to have her job. That should have been her sole purpose for her inclusion in the series.

I didnt mind her because science is science and you can discuss it because it hasnt changed. I am watching the "Woodstock/LGBTQ" episode now. It is interesting to hear from gays back in the day and understanding what they went through. Then there is Laverne Cox telling us how it was back in the day. Girl you werent even born yet. Shut up. You cant speak to what it was like at the time when you werent even born yet. I want to hear more from the dude in the red glasses (Mark Segal) as well as Jim Fouratt because they have stories to tell

Last edited by SabresFanInSA; 06-14-2019 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-14-2019, 02:29 PM

892 posts, read 484,069 times
i almost thought you meant the movie "1969" with Kiefer Sutherland and Winona Ryder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV