Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2019, 07:10 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,213 times

Advertisements

I watched Wednesdays episode last night and I couldn't believe they were getting to the immunity challenge only 12 minutes or so into the show (maybe sooner). So that meant that we were going to have the majority of the show be about discussing the votes and then tribal counsel (s). I miss the old formats with reward challenges, and just more "camp life" stuff going on. It's ALL about the tribals and the conflicts now. Survivor needs to find a better balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 07:19 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Come on it is just over the top PC this season.

And where does it say a fan can’t remark negatively when one of their favorite shows does something they think stinks? Certainly not on the forum guidelines. Maybe if you don’t like us being negative you can not read our posts? I’ve invested a lot of seasons, all of them, on this show and there is something rotten in Denmark, or in this case, Fiji.
I never said that either. I even said some negative things above your post, in case you didn't notice.... Like I said, there is a difference in complaining, and whining. Too many posters here are whining.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Whining? Who's whining? I've read a variety of different opinions in here, but none of them are whines.

But alas... in you're second paragraph, you start to whine too. lol.

One man's opinion is another man's whine, I guess.
Several posters.... Again, there is a difference in complaints, and whines. Simply stating that certain things aren't good for the game (which is all I did in my post, in regards to twists and idols), or that you didn't like the "PC nonsense" in an episode is complaining. To do it over and over again, and to repeatedly say you're done with the show (while still watching and posting) is whining. Just go back and read all the posts since the "touching" episode for reference. If you can't tell the difference, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well, hey, I for one am enjoying this season, and I had resolved it was my last shot after that horrible last season. For one thing, I hate returning players but using Rob and Sandra in this mentor role is not the same ole'-same ole'. Interesting cast, people who are truly playing the game. Although two of the most cunning strategists just got voted out! I don't mind the PC stuff, it gives us something to think about. Always interesting to hear the perspective of someone of a different gender, race or ethnicity, even though you may not agree. Still too many idols.
Agreed. I have enjoyed it for the most part so far. Better cast than last season, and you couldn't possibly end up with a worse winner! I like the diversity (not just race) of the cast as well. I also don't mind there actually being something of substance, outside of the game, in a season. This isn't the first time, just the most pronounced. Also agreed, still too many idols.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:56 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Several posters.... Again, there is a difference in complaints, and whines. Simply stating that certain things aren't good for the game (which is all I did in my post, in regards to twists and idols), or that you didn't like the "PC nonsense" in an episode is complaining. To do it over and over again, and to repeatedly say you're done with the show (while still watching and posting) is whining. Just go back and read all the posts since the "touching" episode for reference. If you can't tell the difference, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
It's a message board for people to complain and whine... and both are okay. So ignore and move on. Much more fun

Old 11-22-2019, 08:20 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,786,429 times
OMG so hilarious.

Despite all of the controversy and complaints of the Metoo and PC movements being in survivor. People vowing to stop watching this survivor season after what happened. The episode after the controversy clearly got more viewers.

I guess that it's true that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:20 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
No, I won't go back and read old posts like you suggest. I'm not the board nanny. I won't be the big authority on who's whining and who's only complaining. I don't care. Opinions are opinions and I love reading them all. I refuse to dissect them the way you do.

We're also permitted to be indecisive about whether we want to continue watching a show that annoys us. Sheesh!
What do you do, take notes and then decide who is worthy to post and who isn't?

Old 11-22-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No, I won't go back and read old posts like you suggest. I'm not the board nanny. I won't be the big authority on who's whining and who's only complaining. I don't care. Opinions are opinions and I love reading them all. I refuse to dissect them the way you do.

We're also permitted to be indecisive about whether we want to continue watching a show that annoys us. Sheesh!
What do you do, take notes and then decide who is worthy to post and who isn't?
Okay, now you just have your panties in a wad. Lazy too, apparently, since you can't bother to read a few posts. No wonder you guys whine so much. So sensitive. No one said to be the board nanny, and no one said you aren't permitted to be indecisive. Just as you are free to post that, I am free to post what I have. If you are so sick of the show, and so sick of the direction it is going, and feel the need to constantly post about not watching anymore, then why are you still watching? That sounds like you aren't indecisive at all, and instead just want to whine about it.

I haven't said anything about someone's worthiness to post, or for you to be the board nanny, or that I am an authority on anything. So stop making stuff up, snowflake, and take you own advice. Move on and ignore.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
OMG so hilarious.

Despite all of the controversy and complaints of the Metoo and PC movements being in survivor. People vowing to stop watching this survivor season after what happened. The episode after the controversy clearly got more viewers.

I guess that it's true that there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Yep. Up 9.3% according to what I saw. Looks like most people aren't tired of the show (PC stuff or not), regardless of what the negative Nancy's on here suggest. I am personally enjoying this season much more than the last.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:38 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Oh good lord people, stop hijacking the thread, move on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV