Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I caught Kayla (Mary Beth Evans) on today and wow...she looks great, but her voice has really changed. It's much deeper.

I'd like to know how Hope, Kayla, Jen, Kate, Kristen, and all look like they did 20 years ago??? I know I sure as heck don't!
It's called stage makeup and lots of it. It doesn't show up on the TV screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
I'm so pissed! Our local NBC affiliate is moving DOOL to a 1am timeslot effective 9/9. I found this link (can't open it myself) that shows a Las Vegas affliate moved it to the CW.

So instead of airing DOOL during daytime tv here in Utah, our NBC affiliate is airing 2 episodes of Dr. Phil.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I'm so pissed! Our local NBC affiliate is moving DOOL to a 1am timeslot effective 9/9. I found this link (can't open it myself) that shows a Las Vegas affliate moved it to the CW.

So instead of airing DOOL during daytime tv here in Utah, our NBC affiliate is airing 2 episodes of Dr. Phil.
No kidding? Wow! I wonder if more cities will soon be moving it to an obscure timeslot. This might be the beginning of the end for DOOL. I think it won't be long and all soaps will be gone.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I watched today for the first time in ages. I want to slap Sami (I always want to slap Sami, even though I like her, LOL). EJ is not worth it! Foolish woman ...

Quote:
I'm so pissed! Our local NBC affiliate is moving DOOL to a 1am timeslot effective 9/9.
1 a.m. Wow, that's harsh.

The Philadelphia NBC station is moving it to noon. No doubt we'll join the ranks of the day-behinders.

I agree with Here On Mars -- it's the beginning of the end for this soap if the network doesn't pressure the affiliates (and ours is a network O&O station) to keep it at its regular time.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:

That's just wrong! I guess they think everyone has a dvr to record it.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I'm so pissed! Our local NBC affiliate is moving DOOL to a 1am timeslot effective 9/9. I found this link (can't open it myself) that shows a Las Vegas affiliate moved it to the CW.

I did a little research to find out why KSL moved DOOL. Not sure if this is the exact reason but from what I'm reading, it has to do with the gay storyline on the show. Apparently, programing executives have no problem with fornication and adultery but a gay storyline crosses the lines for them. Again, I can't be absolutely sure but this is based on information I'm reading on various sites.

egga, you can always watch it on hulu (free). It does run a day late but it's an okay site, as long as you have high-speed and not dialup.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
Yeah, I read that today too. This station also refused to air SNL but aired it on the CW...kind of like that station in Vegas did with DOOL.

I don't have internet at home. So I'll just use my DVR. But there are many who don't have a way to record it--probably mostly seniors.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Good you can record it at home, at least. Although the station has the right to choose what it wants to air and not air, it's still sort of weird that we live in the 21st century and there is still censorship in America.

Lately, I've been viewing hit and miss. I think if the stories were more interesting, I'd make sure I didn't miss but they're moving slow right now.

I did watch some of it today, though. I saw JJ get arrested. Personally, I think that's the only thing that's going to straighten him out and wake Jennifer up to the fact her little boy is just playin' her. He's trouble and sometimes you need to hit bottom to get your act together.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Default Busted!!!

Of course JJ will tell Jennifer that "it's not my fault" wahhhh!!! And he will blame his friends like he blamed his roommate in Europe when he got busted before he came home. It's never his fault. But it serves the little brat right to get caught. It looks like his jealous friend who wanted the girl was the one who narked on him and set him up so he will be able to testify that JJ was selling the drugs all along.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Of course JJ will tell Jennifer that "it's not my fault" wahhhh!!! And he will blame his friends like he blamed his roommate in Europe when he got busted before he came home. It's never his fault. But it serves the little brat right to get caught. It looks like his jealous friend who wanted the girl was the one who narked on him and set him up so he will be able to testify that JJ was selling the drugs all along.
Yes, he sure will blame it on someone else. If Jennifer believes him, she needs to have a good knock up side the head. She's being one of those parents who believes their child is perfect and would never do anything like that! I know it's a show but I've seen things like this in real life. The juvenile courts are filled with kids like JJ and parents are who are just deaf, dumb and blind to their kid's criminal activity. It's not until they become a repeat offender, ending up in jail (and later prison) until their parents wise up. This is a storyline the writers have a good opportunity to work with. I hope they don't blow it. JJ is heading down a bad path. I hope Jennifer gets a clue soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV