Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Or tight sleeveless dresses in the dead of winter.
oops. you beat me to it, I should've read your post before replying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 04:37 AM

Poor Gabby's losing it. And as a religious young woman, I could imagine her feeling the need to go to confession at church, but too bad Eric's been defrocked, even though someone else could do the confessional with her.

And what's with Stefano? It sounded like he was trying to get back together with Kate when he called her. What happened with his latest arm candy that he used to flaunt in front of her? I hope Kate never takes the bastard back.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:29 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Speaking of Eric. His reluctance to work with Daniel because Theresa is his niece is almost laughable. Talk about judging people. He wants to clear his name and repair his reputation because the good people of Salem are wrong about what they saw on the video but here he is, thinking Daniel was mixed up with his sweet, innocent (cough cough) cousin, Theresa, and doesn't bother to think that maybe things aren't as they appear. Oh brother! If he is such a good "man of God," he might like to remember, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

BTW, nice to see a new fan of the show posting here. Welcome temazepam!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Speaking of Eric. His reluctance to work with Daniel because Theresa is his niece is almost laughable. Talk about judging people. He wants to clear his name and repair his reputation because the good people of Salem are wrong about what they saw on the video but here he is, thinking Daniel was mixed up with his sweet, innocent (cough cough) cousin, Theresa, and doesn't bother to think that maybe things aren't as they appear. Oh brother! If he is such a good "man of God," he might like to remember, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."
Yeah, twice he has misjudged Nicole. And the second time in the park when he accused her of trying to get even with him by doing a hatchet job after she had quit her job was really brutal. But he wouldn't shut up long enough to hear her side of the story. I was thinking he was to hot-headed and judgmental to be a priest. He needs some time out.

Quote:
Ditto for me too!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

Thanks for the welcome, HereOnMars. I've posted a bit on this thread here and there for the past 2 years, but very very sporadically. I guess the show's getting more interesting IMO if it's got me commenting on it again after so long.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Yeah, twice he has misjudged Nicole. And the second time in the park when he accused her of trying to get even with him by doing a hatchet job after she had quit her job was really brutal. But he wouldn't shut up long enough to hear her side of the story. I was thinking he was to hot-headed and judgmental to be a priest. He needs some time out.

Ditto for me too!
Thanks also, Minerva. It's too bad there aren't too many different posters on this thread. I hope that doesn't mean a shortage of DOOL fans in real life. There are other Days message boards out there somewhere, but I haven't bothered looking for them. C-D is like a 1-stop shop for posting on all different topics PLUS our favorite soap, so it's more convenient for me just to post here instead of bothering with dedicated soap forums.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:34 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Thanks for the welcome, HereOnMars. I've posted a bit on this thread here and there for the past 2 years, but very very sporadically. I guess the show's getting more interesting IMO if it's got me commenting on it again after so long.
Well, doggonnit, you just better keep posting here or I'll be welcoming you all over again in a year or two. lol This old memory just ain't what it used to be.

You're right, though. The show is a whole lot more interesting than it was a year ago. I think they snagged some new writers. Just wish the writers would stop the merry-go-round of on-again off-again relationships. Let them all move on and find another Brady or Horton to marry. Seems that's the only pickins they have on the show and if a newcomer comes along, they end up being related to someone in either of the families ... except for Nicole. She's not related to either family but give them time, they'll have her end up being the long lost daughter who was adopted by Fay Taylor and then Salem will be just one big happy (dysfunctional) family.

Holy cow, it's cold here again today. Gives new meaning to the term, shiver me timbers.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Thanks also, Minerva. It's too bad there aren't too many different posters on this thread. I hope that doesn't mean a shortage of DOOL fans in real life. There are other Days message boards out there somewhere, but I haven't bothered looking for them. C-D is like a 1-stop shop for posting on all different topics PLUS our favorite soap, so it's more convenient for me just to post here instead of bothering with dedicated soap forums.
I post on another dedicated one but like here, there are only a few posters and it isn't always active but I have been on it for a very long time. It's fun to see other peoples' opinions though. They run pretty much the same.

I began watching Days when it first started but there are huge gaps in my viewing so I missed Sami's, Jennifer's and many others' younger days. The longest I have been watching has been since 2001 when I was out of work and didn't have anything better to do. Then when I went back to work, I had a DVR so I began recording the shows.

Now I don't get cable or have a DVR but when I miss a show I watch it on the Internet or catch up online with a spoiler website. I guess I just can't get "Days" out of my life.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:29 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
I have to vent a bit here about Rafe's hospital stay and his rehab. Anybody who has even been in the hospital for any amount of time knows they try to kick you out of there as soon as possible. Then they send you to a rehab hospital where you work with therapists. You do not stay for weeks on end in the hospital, take fun little side trips into town with your own personal therapist, drink coffee in the park and visit coffee shops and all your friends and then trek on back to your hospital room. Thart part just cracks me up. OK rant over.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I have to vent a bit here about Rafe's hospital stay and his rehab. Anybody who has even been in the hospital for any amount of time knows they try to kick you out of there as soon as possible. Then they send you to a rehab hospital where you work with therapists. You do not stay for weeks on end in the hospital, take fun little side trips into town with your own personal therapist, drink coffee in the park and visit coffee shops and all your friends and then trek on back to your hospital room. That part just cracks me up. OK rant over.
You are absolutely right about this. I used to pay health insurance claims and I saw the way this works. It's just as you describe. I guess because Kate hired Jordan to be Rafe's private PT, he gets to go on his little jaunts but I don't think in the real world the hospital would allow it due to liability issues.But, hey, this is TV Land so we all know how real that's going to be. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV