Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 11:36 PM

115 posts, read 103,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think for me, it's ER. There were some things I did like (bringing back Mark Greene's daughter as a med student, a few old friends revisiting), but largely it was a big bore. But I suppose it's largely because after 15 seasons, it really didn't feel like the same show anymore.
I have been watching the show from the beginning, I am up to season 10 and can't help thinking that it would be great to bring it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 11:54 PM

1,546 posts, read 870,399 times
Batman Animated Series - 'Mad Love' under New Batman Animated series. Worst episode ever to such an amazing series.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:59 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Without a doubt, Foyle's War had the most bizarre ending(s). After watching several seasons of a slowly progressing WWII, the series was cancelled and the war ending "tout suite". But then the series was renewed so the show had to continue. Since they had already shown VE Day, the show continued into the post-war recovery period. It really lost its pizazz.

"After five series, Foyle's War was cancelled abruptly by ITV director of programmes Simon Shaps. This forced Horowitz to discard scripts set during most of 1943 and 1944, resulting in time jumps of nine months to a year between episodes; previous series had gaps of a month at most. In April 2008, the presumed final episode, "All Clear" (during which the end of the war is announced) was broadcast.

On 9 April 2008, however, ITV announced that it was negotiating with Horowitz and Greenlit Productions to revive the series and continue Foyle's adventures beyond VE Day; some media observers saw high viewing figures for the penultimate episode (a 28-percent audience share) on 13 April as strengthening the case for continuing. When the audience figures for the final episode were released (28 percent and an average of 7.3 million viewers), ITV confirmed that it had entered "early discussions" with Horowitz and Greenlit. The negotiations led to Foyle's War's recommissioning for an additional three series. Series six began filming in February 2009 and premiered on UK television on 11 April 2010. Series seven was filmed in Ireland and London from late August to December 2012, and was broadcast in the UK in March and April 2013. Series eight, three two-hour episodes, aired in the UK in January 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foyle%...more%20rows%20

Well, Foyle's War is probably an example of a show that went on too long, where they beat it to death to give the audience more.......or exploit every shilling they can out of them. After all, Foyle's War is about WW II, not afterwards.

I've only seen one of the afterwards and already I am disappointed that Sam is not working for him anymore.

I have been like other audience members, wanting more more more, but after a few disappointments like with Buffy and Charmed, shows that should have taken their early endings instead of coming back for one or two more seasons, I prefer it that way. End it "now" on a good note, don't try to squeeze more blood out of it.

ER was another one with two and a half major issues. First, rehashing what the former players were doing "now". Secondly and more importantly, their loss of major characters before that left them with no one capable of carrying the show. When "Abby" left, that was it, who was left just couldn't do the job.......to say nothing of having a weed smoking Resident on the staff. This is the guy who is suppose to be working on you?

The final blow was the change of the intro, from long and showing the major cast to SNIP to a title card and that was it. Sure, you got the names in the first act but you didn't know who was major, who was minor, who was staying, who wouldn't, and further, those were often lost in weather warning coverups.

ER became such a disappointment that I tuned out many episodes before the finale.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:27 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
Mine are:

Seinfeld where Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer went to jail

^^this, I mean, WT<bad letter>

Old 04-04-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Holbrook View Post
LOST. That show started out with such great potential, but all the storylines and threads that we invested so much energy into following and theorizing about ended up being just meaningless gibberish.

DW was into that, so she made me start out season 1 ep 1 and I figured it out...the rest was forumlatic so I never had to watch again. Lost, for those of you that are old, is a mutli-year, mutli eposide re-telling of 'carnival of souls' - which itself was pretty good, bad sci/fi horror, and also a retelling of 'occurrence at owl creek bridge' (now Im really showing my age)

Old 04-04-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Digging back a few years, ST Elsewhere. The last 30 seconds of the last episode took all the characters, stories, and places we'd grown to love and said "didn't happen; just a child's daydream of a snow globe."

oh man, ya this too. might as well be bobby ewing in the shower...

Old 04-04-2023, 08:36 AM

If someone starts the opposite thread, #1 of all time, beating the pants off M*A*S*H, is hands down Newhart. Being old, I got it and was on the floor BEFORE the light went on.

#2 for a different reason: breaking bad. Whomever dovetailed that Badfinger in the hit their moment...

Old 04-04-2023, 08:53 AM

204 posts, read 147,955 times
Game of Thrones, just awful. After all those seasons of such amazing character development, many storylines just went completely off the rails and had the characters act in ways that were completely contrary to everything that had been built up so far. I tried rewatching the entire series, hoping that the ending would somehow be better the second time through. Nope, still sucked.

Also, I was pretty bummed in Sons of Anarchy when Jax drove headfirst into a semi. I got it, and it wasn't terrible, just not how I was hoping to see it end I guess.

Old 04-04-2023, 11:45 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
The Sopranos finale. What a gutless cowardly way to end it. Fans do nothing but argue over what they think may have happened.

I know many fans of the Blacklist worry that they may take a gutless route now and not answer many questions. Fans say they would rather have answers even if not happy about them, then have no answers

Old 04-04-2023, 12:03 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Holbrook View Post
LOST. That show started out with such great potential, but all the storylines and threads that we invested so much energy into following and theorizing about ended up being just meaningless gibberish.

O/T The finale scenes in the Church was filmed in my h.s. Chapel. - such a beautiful jewel on our pretty little campus.

My sister was mad at the finale as she had watched every episode and managed to hang on to the very end despite the last few disappointing seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV