Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times

Advertisements

Debbie used being "Korean" as a gimmick but she's gone. Since I have tattoos and am growing a ponytail, maybe I can be a contestant using tats and ponytails as my gimmick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Debbie used being "Korean" as a gimmick but she's gone. Since I have tattoos and am growing a ponytail, maybe I can be a contestant using tats and ponytails as my gimmick.
Lol on the tats and tail. Go for it.

One of the problems with Debbie is what you already stated. She used Korean as a "gimmick". If she actually knew how to cook Korean and the history of Korean cuisine, that would have been fabulous.

She shredded a little cabbage and called it Kimchi. In my opinion, that is a big insult to a very old and interesting culture.

Korean cuisine incorporates lots of interesting grains, like sorghum, barley, millet and congee.

They use an abundance of sweet potatoes, lotus root and so many spices.

Debbie could have educated Americans about a culture full of dynasties and customs that are foreign to many of us, but she didn't seem to have the knowledge, so she just went with the gimmick, and that was part of her downfall.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:45 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Mike, you know you can't audition for the show unless you are Korean! Do you even know what soy sauce is? You know, us ASIANS use soy sauce. Can you repeat after me? S o y s a u c e

Melissa had her new show premiering Sunday, August 9 at 12:30 p.m. Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network

I am sure I will catch it in reruns.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Mike, you know you can't audition for the show unless you are Korean! Do you even know what soy sauce is? You know, us ASIANS use soy sauce. Can you repeat after me? S o y s a u c e

Melissa had her new show premiering Sunday, August 9 at 12:30 p.m. Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network

I am sure I will catch it in reruns.
"My name is Mike. I have tattoos and a pony tail. I use garlic and soy sauce."

George, Will this work?

Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:

George, Will this work?
A new set of demographics! I love it!

You can sell my hair spray too

Old 08-05-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
A new set of demographics! I love it!

You can sell my hair spray too
I'll even throw in "I use George's hair spray".

Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,150 times
Quote:

In case you are curious as to what she will be cooking, the recipes are already posted. FN sure didn't waste any time getting this film in the can.

Recipes from the Show

Old 08-05-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I'll even throw in "I use George's hair spray".
You are SO the Next Food Network Star

Don't forget to mention auto ship too

Old 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
You are SO the Next Food Network Star

Don't forget to mention auto ship too
I have to save something for later in the show so I'll slip in auto ship before the show is over

Old 08-05-2009, 01:41 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
I finally got around to watching the DVR finale. I was happy that Melissa won. I'll definitely catch her show and like the concept of $10 dinners. Crazy turn the thread took though.

Quote:

George, Will this work?
Mike, you might need to buy stock in Kat's tattoo cover-up so you don't alienate a demographic. Don't you know that God loves you, unless you have tattoos, in that case, you are going to hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV