Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 10:15 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,605 times

Advertisements

I wish we had more opportunity to see what they could do individually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 10:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,674,599 times
I totally agree, Vern had her and she kept trying to TALK OVER HIM!!!! SHUT THE HECK UP!!! For those that missed it:

With only 5 contestants left they were called to the "paint cans". Tracee got the star to be "Team Leader". Did y'all just not love EVERYONES face when they saw that. LOL!!! Totally priceless and she darn well knew it too.

It was the dreaded "Kitchen". The horid paneling and vinyl floor HAD to go. Tracee would not shut up and still never got ANYTHING accomplished. Trish went headfirst telling them she had to do something in order to be of value and help in this challenge. She hurt her ring finger on the first show and it was HUGELY swollen and her ring stuck and cutting off circulation. The FD came out and she let them cut it off. 20 minutes later she was hard at work busting her butt w/ everyone else. Meanwhile Tracee is still standing there lost trying to figure things out. The rest of the team is in TOTAL demo-mode and getting things kicked into high gear. They KNOW that stuff has ALL got to come out so why not get started on it ASAP and discuss the plan of action while doing it. Something that went completely over Tracee's head. Even when she got them to stop and sit in a circle she just kept going on and on and on about NOTHING! Shut up and throw out your GRAND IDEAS woman. Then assign tasks and get going. Nope, she just kept telling them they needed to just sit down and take a few minutes to go over things yet she never started any semblence of a thought out plan. DUH!!! I so wanted to slap her.

Okay, so Tracee leaves to go shopping w/ Matt to get the appliances and found someone to do the granite countertops. This was THE ONLY piece of valuable work she did for the ENTIRE CHALLANGE!!!!

Day 2 - Tracee makes up her little time chart for tile work on the backsplash to start at 2:00pm. Mikey V is going to install it. The family SPECIFICALLY said they wanted a nice backsplash. Tracee leaves to go shopping for "fluff" at 12:30 and does not return until 6:30!!!!! Mikey V tells her there is no way he can do the backsplash now as there is not enough time and it would NOT get finished. She kept trying to see how they could put it on w/o cutting it and do it "faster". No can do. Mikey V and Trish installed the hardwood floors in the room. Remember she has a busted finger that is swollen the size of her elbow. Matt & Jennifer had done the kitchen cabinets - used putty to fill in the "groove" that was dated, sanded and painted them. The 4 there working got the countertop installed w/ Matt up under the lower cabinets attaching it. Trish was also helping to cut and install the drywall to go over the horid paneling. Oh, I loved Tracee's shopping trip....... the others made comments about how she gets "lost" on these trips and can not make up her mind. The camera proved it. LOL!!!

Day 3 - Tracee paints the window over the kitchen sink. Why????? It could have matched the rest of the wood trim in the room. She also did a sloppy job and got paint all over the glass and did not clean it up. Matt painted the backsplash a dark brown to at least give it SOME depth. Tracee hung some placemat over the kitchen window. purty

The Hosting Challange:

Trish - did a great job, came off as very personable and informative.
Matt - LOVED Matt's and he gave a lot of info in a very short amount of time. Especially on how to get rid of the paneling and update the kitchen cabinets.
Jennifer - she did a great job as well. Very personable on camera and gave some good "you can do it" vibes to the viewers.
Mikey V - I guess they could call him the "Rambo of home redo's" or something. He does GREAT WORK and I'd let him in my house anyday for his skills.
Tracee - did she say "paint the countertops". SHE DID!!! LOL!!! Too funny. While she might "look good" on camera for a "hosting" position she is NOT the one for the job at all. She can NOT lead. Did she say her "employees"???? Hmm, wonder how they really feel about her.

Tracee HAD TO GO!!!! Even my dh who watched it last night for the second time this season said he was already sick of her. LOL!!! She is NOT a leader at all.

Mikey V - that was a tough one of the final 4 left. I was guessing unless someone else totally screwed up it would be him based solely on his on camera "toughness".

Old 07-14-2008, 10:30 AM

49,969 posts, read 63,277,013 times
Tracee was annoying, and must not be too bright if she doesn't realize it takes time to install tile, but I agree with Mikey, who also got booted, that he was never given an opportunity to show his stuff.
There have been waaaay too many group challenges and not enough individual ones. Unfair.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,522,305 times
Gentlearts - I could not agree more!!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,114,213 times
Default momof2

you so totally crack me up!! Such a narrative that was!! Hilarious stuff.
Trish just kept on trucking too didn't she? I have anxiety attacks and would have ended up needing a Xanax and oxygen if my ring did that. Heck I took my rings off after seeing that and may not put them back on again!!! I like Matt-.........I like all the final 3 though.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,076,690 times
Am I the only one who is seriously disappointed with this season? I had really been looking forward to it because I loved the previous 2 seasons. But this season is almost at an end and I have to say that I'm still not sure who, if anyone, is a good designer on the show. I agree that we needed a lot more individual challenges and a lot more time spent on the designs instead of it all being about personalities. A little inside look at the personalities involved adds interest. But it seems that is all this season has been about. I like seeing the creativity and execution of individual designers. That has been in short supply this year.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 PM

895 posts, read 4,237,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Am I the only one who is seriously disappointed with this season? I had really been looking forward to it because I loved the previous 2 seasons. But this season is almost at an end and I have to say that I'm still not sure who, if anyone, is a good designer on the show. I agree that we needed a lot more individual challenges and a lot more time spent on the designs instead of it all being about personalities. A little inside look at the personalities involved adds interest. But it seems that is all this season has been about. I like seeing the creativity and execution of individual designers. That has been in short supply this year.
Ditto. Total disappointment. My 6yo loves this show (as well as Food Network Star) and we watch it together the day after it airs (at a more appropriate time). She made the comment that she doesn't like any of the designers this season -- exact quote was, "It's doesn't matter who wins this because they all stink."

Old 07-15-2008, 10:00 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,076,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
Ditto. Total disappointment. My 6yo loves this show (as well as Food Network Star) and we watch it together the day after it airs (at a more appropriate time). She made the comment that she doesn't like any of the designers this season -- exact quote was, "It's doesn't matter who wins this because they all stink."
Your daughter is a child with good taste.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:42 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,605 times
I agree. They did a bad job with this season. There was nothing to see. The only "Wow" I got was Matt's bed. Nothing else. Very dissappointing.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,114,213 times
Default *SPOILER* if you didn't see the show June 20

wow I'm sooooo shocked at F2. I liked all 3 of them but just knew Trish would be in the final. Huge shocker.
Her carpenter/helper was a big ole slacker but the final design was up to her. I agree with the judges-it was simply text book. Mostly decorating; although the fireplace update was nice.
Jennifer did an awesome job but so did Matt! I like them both.
If forced to choose( and well I guess I will be since viewers choose) I will go with Matt. He's very talented and seems nice and I think he's pretty cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV