Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

MASH never recovered after they killed off Henry and Trapper left. The funniest guy on the show was Frank Burns and when he left it went straight downhill. It got preachy and stale. And Hawkeye could just be annoying. And don't get me started on how lame BJ Hunnycut was.
Archie Bunker's Place was pretty pointless and a hollow shell of what it once was.
"Good Times" was always a downer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 12:29 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I hate to even mention MY MOTHER, THE CAR for fear I'll dream about it tonight.
Was that a one season series? I'll match it with, "Mr T and Tina". I think they had 5 episodes.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:49 PM

12,420 posts, read 3,231,602 times
The Cosby Show (Huxtable family) was the worst. UGH...it was so fake and the acting was TERRIBLE

Old 08-14-2011, 05:32 PM

348 posts, read 849,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer61 View Post
The Cosby Show (Huxtable family) was the worst. UGH...it was so fake and the acting was TERRIBLE
I disagree. While 25 years later it might look cheesy to us now, Cosby in the day was important b/c it was not the norm to show an affluent African American family as being the focus of the show. And, I don't think the kids were that bad as actors, and Cosby's interactions with them were classic. When they brought on Raven Simone's character (the name escapes me), I think the show was hanging on too long. But, for several years, Cosby was must see TV. I was in junior high, and that's how I remember it, anyway.

My top dislikes:

- Full House. Not sure how those Olson twins, who I do not think were cute little kids, managed to get so famous.

- ALF. UGH

- Blossom

- Punky Brewster

- Family Matters

- Small Wonders

- My Two Dads

- Perfect Strangers

My top favorites:

- Coach. (Started in 1989, some truly episodes had me in stitches)

- WKRP In Cincinatti. (Loved all of the charachers. Less Nessman, Herb Tarlic, etc. And that turkey drop from the helicopter as someone else mentioned .... wicked, wicked classic.)

- Seinfeld. (I see there are a lot of haters. I'm not sure how you can hate the show about nothing!)

- Happy Days (Channeling Peter Griffin in his quest to start the church of the holy Fonz.)

- The Jeffersons. Honky. (I loved this show. While I was young, I remember that the racial overtones were pushing the envelope at the time.)

- Cheers. (I still love Cliff Claven, and, I don't think Kelsey Grammer is a real person. Frazier Crane is a real person.)

Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,740,179 times
Seinfeld is awful. You pretty much have to be a White and/or Jewish person to even understand that show, let along laugh at it.

That Small Wonders show looks awful.

Full House was awful (unless you like to have it with your cheese).

I actually think Punky Brewster was OK.

M.A.S.H. was awful IMO.

WKRP in Cincinnati was decent, not great, but decent.

The Golden Girls are classic. I'm not sure how anyone could dislike that show. Great actors and great writers to tote. Same with Laverne and Shirley and Three's Company.

Family Ties was pretty awful (I loved the intro), but it's not the worst.

Night Court is classic.

What's Happening Now was trifling. Although What's Happening was no cake walk either.

Home Improvement was OK

The Brady Bunch was awful, but not the worst.

Married with Children is also classic.

Cheers isn't my cup of tea, much like Frasier. They're OK.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
hol' up.

you serious?

Also, what's with the hate on Seinfeld? One of the best shows of all time, IMO.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Seinfeld is awful. You pretty much have to be a White and/or Jewish person to even understand that show, let along laugh at it.
Or intelligent with a good sense of humor.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Why because they were normal and not BUFOONS?

Old 09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
My List of Horrible 70;s Sitcoms

Mash

Barney Miller

Mork and Mindy

Taxi

Phyllis

Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 AM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
Seinfeld
Mash
The Dukes of Hazzard
Sanford and Son
The A-Team

-Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV