Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,407,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post

Another quick point: these teens were put up in some mighty fancy digs. Nice, well-appointed condo, at least 2 bedrooms complete with gorgeous furniture, fancy, well-stocked kitchens. Apparently unlimited budget for food and brand new baby furniture. If they truly were teen parents just striking out on their own, I doubt they'd have all these creature comforts. Aside from adjusting to the babies, this experiment may give them a very skewed impression of just how difficult it is to be on one's own and then to have to throw a baby into the mix.
Again, reality tv is about anything but reality. To be real, these kids should have been placed in a second floor apartment with one bed, one bath, a kitchenette and one living room. Top it off with a noisy neighbor below and a car that might or might not start. Forget the $100 a day paycheck. Minimum wage with deductions taken out so they can see how it really is. But wait.....this is reality tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 09:59 PM

63 posts, read 224,640 times
I saw the show and liked it.

Moderator cut: editI had to take my older daughter from Alaska to Seattle this past march so she could have major heart surgery. My baby at the time was 1 month old. I left the baby in Alaska with a friend of mine so I could tend to my older daughter during her time of need to say nothing of major trauma. Moderator cut: edit here's the thing about babies. 1. they are capable of forming attachments to multiple people and 2. as long as their physical needs for comfort, food, and cleanliness are met they are just fine. the older they get the more it changes but as babies it's no big deal to hand them off to someone else for a while to watch. the baby is fine. obviously you don't want a psychotic sex offender watching them but I've seen the applications for reality shows and some of them are pages upon pages upon pages long. I GURAN DANG TEE you these kids went through some serious background checks before being allowed to be on the show.
I'd be really interested to see how they deal with watching the other teens. I betcha they go home and say "wow mom I'm so sorry I'm such a B---- or A--hole" to you.

Last edited by christina0001; 07-04-2008 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: remove inflammatory comments

Old 07-03-2008, 11:47 PM

7,913 posts, read 930,410 times
i like the show but, i wanna see how they handle the toddlers.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,055,066 times
Please see City-Data.com's forum for Parenting, to discuss Parenting issues in depth.
Parenting Forum - Relocation, Moving, Local City Discussions - City-Data Forum
The topic here is the Television show Baby Borrowers. Thank you.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 PM

439 posts, read 1,230,467 times
I watched it last week but was busy and couldnt post. When the one girl says fine starve to the child and the mom comes over worried about her kid, she gets offended? Are you kidding me? THe one girl wont wear a pregnant suit for 1 day and she still thinks she can be a mom, are you serious? What goes through these kids minds, that being pregant is like on the movies fun and laughs? It makes me upset to watch this I dont know how the parents can sit there

Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,865,289 times
I love the show. I really hope that teenagers are watching this b/c even though it's not exactly reality, they can see that kids are not just an accessory. There have been a few things that got on my nerves (like the chick getting offended when she didn't feed the baby right and mom jumped her case and the stupid cry baby with the pregnancy suit). I honestly think it's good to show this and none of the kids were really in danger. It is no wonder our country is starting to fall apart when you read the comments on here. Kids are coddled way too much and not taught any indepence at all.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,865,289 times
Is anyone else watching this? I just watched 3 shows last night so I'm caught up. Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,288,460 times
What's next? Do they go to the old folks now? I love this show.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:21 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,570,442 times
Teenagers then seniors I think.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:00 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,290,244 times
Love this show! I'm really vested in all the couples except maybe Daton and Morgan. Glad to see Daton is figuring out Morgan is not good for him. I was also glad to see Sasha and Jordan recover from the meltdown episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV