Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I thought that the buyers on House Hunter have already purchased or are in contract for that home and they just find other homes to show for T.V.
True or not I watch it every night
That hadn't occurred to me, but it certainly makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 01:07 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
a local realtor from my home town was on one of the episodes. She said she contacted HGTV which lead to her being on the show. She didn't imply that the scenario you mention is in fact how it's conducted. She did say that the couple she was on the eppy with actually looked at 10 homes and it was narrowed down to the 3 shown.
On one episode the realtor made mention that in the year she had worked with the potentional home buyer, she had shown her over 100 houses.
Not sure that even answers the questions surrounding how the show operates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
That hadn't occurred to me, but it certainly makes sense.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:16 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
I always choose the wrong house that I think they going to pick. It seems that have requirements for a home they want and then the one with the least of those they pick......or maybe it's just on the days I watch it.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:57 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
.... And granite? It can stay in the cemetery with the rest of the headstones .....
Loved this part of your post. Now I have a new way to respond to all those people I meet who happen to shun my laminate for their granite countertops.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,996 times
I love this show, not sure why.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,897 times
This show is addictive. I even watched it on my laptop while traveling. lol.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:49 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Default show is addicting

It is addicting. I watch it all the time even though I complain about it. I think here in the U.S. we are too spoiled. I watched the House Hunter International last night and the couple was living in Holland and moving to Italy. They showed the three homes 70,000 , 83,000, 99,000 and the homes had NOTHING in them. I guess in the kitchens there they come without cupboards, appliances counters. No closets. The bathrooms had a toilet and tub, no separate shower, two sinks etc. (at least in that part of Italy) No granite or stainless to be seen. Sometimes I think we expect so much.....I will be happy with formica and oak cabinets! lol

Old 01-27-2009, 11:54 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
yea, I've seen that one a couple times; including again last night. Bare essentials,if that in most of the International homes.
Maybe I should become a realtor-I love looking at houses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
It is addicting. I watch it all the time even though I complain about it. I think here in the U.S. we are too spoiled. I watched the House Hunter International last night and the couple was living in Holland and moving to Italy. They showed the three homes 70,000 , 83,000, 99,000 and the homes had NOTHING in them. I guess in the kitchens there they come without cupboards, appliances counters. No closets. The bathrooms had a toilet and tub, no separate shower, two sinks etc. (at least in that part of Italy) No granite or stainless to be seen. Sometimes I think we expect so much.....I will be happy with formica and oak cabinets! lol

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
Quote:
I saw that same episode.
It is interesting that they had a House Hunter's International episode with a couple in Canada but the show Buy Me shows homebuyers or people selling their homes in Canada most of the time and it's not called Buy Me International....
I also like My House is Worth What?. Sometimes I just have to wonder what people were thinking when they pour SOOO much money into their home. It is somewhat sad when they lose money but...you live and you learn. Shows like that make me somewhat afraid to buy a house.

470 posts, read 1,841,462 times
Quote:
it is common in europe that when a unit is listed as "unfurnished" it means just that: no cupboards, sink, appliances, etc. you have to bring that in with you when you move in. we were warned about that when we moved to germany and i fully expected to see it, but being that it was an area with a lot of US service members, landlords "furnished" their units. that's not necessarily the case when you buy, as my german friends showed me their new flats and the had to go out and outfit it. it was interesting though, because you get what YOU want and not stuck with someone else's idea of "style".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV