U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 AM

2,143 posts, read 2,332,716 times

Advertisements

All I keep thinking about when people want all these multiple bathrooms with double sinks, separate tub and shower is that you know damn well that the people wanting this are not actually cleaning them themselves. Anyone who goes in knowing they will be doing the cleaning is insane to want at least 3 bathrooms at least two with the must have double sinks and separate tub and shower.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 AM

9,679 posts, read 4,283,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
All I keep thinking about when people want all these multiple bathrooms with double sinks, separate tub and shower is that you know damn well that the people wanting this are not actually cleaning them themselves. Anyone who goes in knowing they will be doing the cleaning is insane to want at least 3 bathrooms at least two with the must have double sinks and separate tub and shower.
And I still don't understand what's wrong with having a tub/shower combo... They all seem to obsess over having a separate tub and shower... don't tell me both are used at the same time on a daily basis (if ever)!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:12 PM

28,114 posts, read 23,613,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I clean them myself. Every once in a while I will hire a maid service in to help with deep cleaning. The last time they were here was Oct 7. Currently, my house is spotless. Cleaning your house does not have to be a monumental task. It's about spending 30 minutes one day, 10 minutes another day, an hour another day, and always cleaning up after yourself as you go along.

Btw, we may have 5 bathrooms, but only 2 get used very regularly, 1 gets used somewhat regularly, and two don't get used at all (unless there are guests). So the last 2 are really easy to do a quick clean on.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 PM

12,238 posts, read 11,755,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I think double sinks are overrated. Hubby and I brush our teeth at the same time often and manage it just fine with only one sink.

Then again, I don't see the need for the big and lavish bathrooms. A bathroom is not a room one really needs to spend that much time in. I'd rather have a bigger living space and a small bathroom.

we are 2 here and have 1 sink, we have no problem....

and I agree, just how big does the bathroom have to be? I don't get that either.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,923,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/u][/b][/color] we are 2 here and have 1 sink, we have no problem....

and I agree, just how big does the bathroom have to be? I don't get that either.
only large enough to get in and out quickly. WTH is up with those huge bathrooms?? Wasted space. And I too do not need not will allow anyone else in there with me. I can blow dry my hair in my bedroom should anyone need to be in the bathroom. It's just all very simple.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM

9,679 posts, read 4,283,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
only large enough to get in and out quickly. WTH is up with those huge bathrooms?? Wasted space. And I too do not need not will allow anyone else in there with me. I can blow dry my hair in my bedroom should anyone need to be in the bathroom. It's just all very simple.
Exactly.
And don't need a dedicated area to put some make-up on - I just need a mirror...

Old 12-18-2011, 11:53 AM

2,809 posts, read 3,876,568 times
Well, there is that poster who likes to do yoga in the bathroom while her husband has his nightly soak in the tub.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:33 PM

422 posts, read 861,142 times
I don't get the need for large bedrooms either. Bedrooms should be for sleeping so as long as a chest of drawers, a nightstand and the bed fit, I think it should be fine. Most people I know spend a majority of their time in the living areas.

My pet peeve in watching these shows are people talking on one side saying they want an open floor plan to watch lil johnny/susie and the next breath saying they don't want a pool/house too close to the road/etc that it isn't safe for lil johnny/susie. They talk as if the kid has to be in their line of vision at all times so not sure how a place could be unsafe. Not only that they are only thinking of the kid in it's earlier years. I just don't get it.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:50 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,086,940 times
I was watching HHI last nite and the young couple was looking in Sweden i think. The apts they were looking at were so small, they didn't seem to mind at all. I'm an American and we are very spoiled. I could just see some of the couples that want double sinks, and big open floor plans looking at those place, hahhaa, they would have a stroke!!!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 PM

18,717 posts, read 15,327,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Well, there is that poster who likes to do yoga in the bathroom while her husband has his nightly soak in the tub.
I'm telling ya--try out one of these spa master baths before rolling your eyes. They're wonderful things to have.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing HH do some shows with typical homes built before the 1960s. Sometime they show them, but not enough. I also wouldn't mind them showing people looking for more rustic homes,where you have to depend on well water, out houses, etc. Also would like more emphasis on looking at the roof, HVAC, and the neighborhood.

But when it comes to the large master bath that's tricked out like your own personal spa... oh that's a very good thing to have. Now that I've actually lived with one for awhile there's no way I'm buying a house where a bathroom is a tiny little room that's only for basic bodily functions--a place you want to do your business and then leave as quickly as possible. Just like I wouldn't buy a house with an outhouse, even though for centuries that was good enough for everyone and I'm sure the initial reaction was "why would people need something so fancy like that inside their house."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV