Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
IThese days, I'm mostly skipping House Hunters/Property Virgins/My 1st Place and watching the renovation shows like Income Property, Property Brothers, and Love it/List It

So you're the one watching Love It/List It! The concept has a great basis but I cant get past the two realtors...and all the fake drama. And does the guy ever win? Do any homeowners ever decide to move? I've never seen one show where they dont decide to stay in their renovated house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 01:36 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I pretty much only liked it when it the were primarily in Los Angeles. I have ZERO interest in following a young couple in Idaho looking for their first home with a $100,000 budget.
I always watched it then...never missed an episode and even watched the reruns even though they were so fake...well more so than now. They always picked the third house they saw. haha! I don't have much interest in the rest of the country either since we have been planning to move to California and hope to do so this summer, but I do watch it occasionally, but its not the same and the people have just gotten awful. I do love Selling L.A. though

Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
So you're the one watching Love It/List It! The concept has a great basis but I cant get past the two realtors...and all the fake drama. And does the guy ever win? Do any homeowners ever decide to move? I've never seen one show where they dont decide to stay in their renovated house.
A recently aired one had the couple choosing to list it. What bugs me is that the couple STRICTLY adheres to the miserable budget set for the cranky design woman - but when they can't find a new house listed within their given budget, the majority of them approve a $100k bump to the real estate guy in his search!!! Not fair!!

With regard to our beloved House Hunters, can someone please tell me when it became ABSOLUTELY necessary for a master bathroom to have two sinks?! Seriously, this request is growing in fame along with the granite countertops, must-have stainless steel appliances, separate bedrooms for EACH child, and the long-standing demand for wood floors. Good Lord! Two sinks in a bathroom is nice, but a deal-breaker? How many of us were raised in a place with (gasp, horror!!) one bathroom for 4-7 people? How in the WORLD did we survive? We were basically one step up the evolution chain from the out-house!!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Let's face it. Eventually people were going to start to lose some interest. It is basically the same show every time.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Oh, I want to strangle 99% of the people who are on that show, especially the homeowners! According to Wikipedia, more people have "loved it" (42 for Love it, 30 for List it). But I'd be lying if I didn't sometimes enjoy the over-the-top drama.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:13 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
A recently aired one had the couple choosing to list it. What bugs me is that the couple STRICTLY adheres to the miserable budget set for the cranky design woman - but when they can't find a new house listed within their given budget, the majority of them approve a $100k bump to the real estate guy in his search!!! Not fair!!

With regard to our beloved House Hunters, can someone please tell me when it became ABSOLUTELY necessary for a master bathroom to have two sinks?! Seriously, this request is growing in fame along with the granite countertops, must-have stainless steel appliances, separate bedrooms for EACH child, and the long-standing demand for wood floors. Good Lord! Two sinks in a bathroom is nice, but a deal-breaker? How many of us were raised in a place with (gasp, horror!!) one bathroom for 4-7 people? How in the WORLD did we survive? We were basically one step up the evolution chain from the out-house!!

I too find it retarded that the master bath has to have 2 sinks are two people really using the sinks at the same time every single day that no one can wait a few seconds??

Oh yes, we were a family of four, neighbors were families of 6, we all had the same track house and one bathroom, yet we all managed.

I agree, and the best is when a single person is looking for a house and makes a comment about the master bathroom, oh, "I like the double sinks",......but there is just one person???????

Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM

146 posts, read 358,538 times
I still DVR the new episodes and fast forward through the buyers' back story, bickering, etc. and skip straight to the houses. I hardly ever watch the re-runs anymore. Agreed with the poster who said HGTV is creating so many new shows and fake drama that it's wearing on viewers. I can't stand any of the "competition" shows on Food Network that are just silly set-up-by-producers fakeness, ugh. Give me old episodes of Good Eats any day.

Old 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,257,577 times
Mrpress, I agree with you 100% about the Food Network. It's so frustrating every time I turn it on to see those competition shows. I'm so tired of them. Bring back the Food Network of 5-10 years ago.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:31 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Couldn't agree with you all more but please keep this thread about House Hunters. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,024,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I too find it retarded that the master bath has to have 2 sinks are two people really using the sinks at the same time every single day that no one can wait a few seconds??

I doubt even 10% of couples use the sink at the same time. I have 2 sinks in my master bath and my wife has taken both of them over. Every morning I have to take her hair dryer out of my sink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV