Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,781,501 times

Advertisements

I would give this show some credibility if they ever mentioned the "home inspection"; which afterall IMHO is THE most important aspect of a house purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 AM

41,925 posts, read 75,118,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
My first apt I moved to when I was 21,I was glad to have heat...
Four walls that my parents didn't own! That was enough for me. Heat was just a bonus.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,756,795 times
My husband had two requirements for a home when we were house hunting...central air and more than one toilet. He was easy to please. Our agent was awesome. She never showed us anything above or even close to our max approval amount and she still got us a completely renovated home, with one more bedroom than we asked for, 3 bathrooms, central air and a finished basement. We were still $10,000 under our max. We were more than willing to do some work, but we just got lucky. We repainted some rooms and eventually changed some tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen, and added a deck, but nothing that needed to be done.

I always hate the same cliche people with the comments about granite, walk in closets, walking distance to shops, "small" master bedrooms... Are they planning on having a party in their bedroom? Why do they need such huge masters? And most of the time, these rooms are far from small. And do they all have king sized beds? Open concept, "we do alot of entertaining", they need guest rooms, offices. And I can never understand why people would buy a three bedroom house and they have three kids and then jam them all in one room so they can have a guest room or office. I mean how many overnight guests do people have? Give your kids the space and if you have company, then they can use your kid's room. And if you need an office, put it in the corner of your massive master bedroom.

I wish I could have been on the show and let them see some of the homes we looked at. UGH.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM

18,457 posts, read 31,604,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Four walls that my parents didn't own! That was enough for me. Heat was just a bonus.

oh hell yeah, i didnt even have furniture, i slept on a floor for 6 months, but had new carpeting.

it was great.......
I took a lounge chair from my mothers shed nd used that to watch TV till i got furniture.

and i did, no probelem.
that was the fun of living alone, searching and decorating with no pressure or no ones opinion

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM

248 posts, read 442,360 times
I like to watch this show on mute with some good background music playing so I dont have to listen to the usual buzz words that this show has...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM

758 posts, read 1,638,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
21. your taste will become outdated by the time you sell as well.
Absolutely!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,880,497 times
The best way to improve House Hunters is to let viewers call/text and choose which house they have to buy! Wouldn't THAT be cool? We could have the three choices or a 4th choice: "you need to keep being a renter because you have no business owning a home."

Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM

18,457 posts, read 31,604,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
The best way to improve House Hunters is to let viewers call/text and choose which house they have to buy! Wouldn't THAT be cool? We could have the three choices or a 4th choice: "you need to keep being a renter because you have no business owning a home."

figure out ways to torture the husband and wife when they say dumb comments.

now that is my idea of a good house hunter episode.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,880,497 times
Quote:

Like we can text "electric shock" to HGTV and they will get zapped? That WOULD be quite cool.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,781,501 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Like we can text "electric shock" to HGTV and they will get zapped? That WOULD be quite cool.

LOL@ you both and yes,yes,yes!!!!!!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV