Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 AM

41,877 posts, read 74,938,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and you will be holding my hand saying: right hunny?

as we gaze into each others eyes.
You're on, babe!

Thanks for making my day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 01:07 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,203,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmemphisguy View Post
It's a tv show, folks. Don't confuse reality tv with actual reality. They make the people seem extra ridiculous on purpose just for entertainment value. It's this generation's version of Price is Right contestants jumping up and down. But yeah, I also hate open concept houses with 20 foot ceilings. Feels like you're in a big circus tent. I will admit that I'm a little annoyed by how flexible they are with budgeting on the show. Granted there is a little bit of wiggle room due to negotiating, but not a huge amount. In the real world, you don't even look at houses that are 25% above your budget. That's the whole point of having a budget!
That is true however I've known people like that.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:09 PM

18,340 posts, read 18,963,331 times
I haven't read the whole thread but it cracks me up everybody it seems need a place to "entertain"

Old 11-08-2013, 01:24 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I haven't read the whole thread but it cracks me up everybody it seems need a place to "entertain"

I agree, I always thought it was the kitchen, I guess after all these decades, my mother, and now us have been "entertaining" wrong. yikes!!

and just a PS, since when did the adults even want to see the kids when "company", **cough, cough**, I mean "guests" came over????

we were told to go play a game in the basement, or back yard.....and we did.............as a 8 year old, who wanted to be around the adults anyway.

ahhh, today's "Modern Day" parent, (ugh)

Old 11-08-2013, 02:35 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,015,993 times
So Tracy.... when you get to the bedroom closet, what are you going to say?

Please, oh please, tell me it's not "This is all right for my clothes, but where will you put yours, honey?"

Old 11-08-2013, 02:59 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,840,492 times
Nope. I hate when they do that too.

Since I live alone now, I use the one tiny bedroom as my walk-in closet/ dressing room. Every house seems to have that one little bitty bedroom that people say they can use for a home-office or nursery, or god forbid, scrapbooking. I use mine as a closet. (It looks like a little department store!)

Old 11-08-2013, 03:23 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,570,442 times
I think I was watching an HH episode where the husband wanted a basement and they wife didn't think that it was that important. The realtor said (to the camera) "She might not think it's important now, but after a few years of marriage, she'll wish they had one where her husband could go". LOL

Old 11-08-2013, 03:27 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,840,492 times
Last night in the 7:30pm episode, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, but the guy/husband walked into a living room and exclaimed how horrible the wall color was (a burnt reddish orange).

.... and it was almost exactly the same color that he had dyed parts of his own hair. The hair was several different colors, but pieces of his dyed head matched the "horrible" walls!

Old 11-08-2013, 03:30 PM

741 posts, read 1,376,864 times
To me, I take "we need an extra (or another) bedroom for when family and friends visit" meaning guests who will stay overnight. Sometimes they just say "more space" and are less clear if it is for overnights or dinner.

What I enjoy, and have seen more of in the international episodes is: "we don't know anyone here BUT we need space for entertaining". And sure enough, in the after segment, after the vegetables are chopped, ding-dong, and someone does come to the door.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:19 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,846,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I want to be on House Hunters, just so I can say "Oh, Lord, no, not an open floor plan! I hate them!"
LOL yeah DH and I were the atypical House Hunters when we were buying. They should have filmed us for something new and different!

I wanted NO granite, NO updates (or as few as possible), at least one PINK bathroom, a formal dining room, and NOT an open plan kitchen. DH just wanted 50+ years old with a double garage and a decent yard.

We got what we wanted

It was actually quite disheartening though, the amount of mid century houses we looked at that had their kitchens and bathrooms ripped out in place of new, white or granite and stainless. The so called updates often didn't suit the house and it felt as if they'd ripped the soul of the house out, to target the stereotypical house hunters type buyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV