Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM

122 posts, read 306,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
When people want the cathedral ceilings with all those high windows I always wonder if they have figured out what it is going to be like to have to wash those windows. And how about all that wasted heat.
I'm in a rental now with a window in the cathedral/vaulted ceiling. And wouldn't you know it, that's the one that's drafty. I can feel it down on the floor. I don't own an extension ladder, and I really don't want to bother the landlord over this (he's older and has been so good to me - I'm saving my complaints for the big ticket items). 1 month in and I never want another high window again. I'd invite any of these house hunter idiots to come by and see the fringe benefits of a cathedral ceiling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 11:38 AM

389 posts, read 916,291 times
In last night's new episode (downtown Chicago condo), am I crazy or did they never mention the price of the condo -- both when looking and the final price?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
They eventually did, but I can't remember exactly. It was somewhere north of $600K. All of them were, actually, so that's what stuck in my mind.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM

33 posts, read 98,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeAtHeart View Post
In last night's new episode (downtown Chicago condo), am I crazy or did they never mention the price of the condo -- both when looking and the final price?
#1 Condo (mixed view) =625k
#2 Condo (city view) = 649k
#3 Condo (harbor view) = 500k

They chose #3. I liked it the best too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Old 12-10-2013, 04:45 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,246 times
Thanks for posting and mentioning that. I caught that they went for another one in the same building as #3 and that they said it was better. I certainly liked it better. The kitchen and the views were amazing. But I did not catch where they said the price.

Never would my parents have as a deal breaker that I don't care for a certain exposure. Wonder if the son lives in a dorm and gets the same consideration there? His father seemed to talk about it with humor though.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:18 PM

33 posts, read 98,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Thanks for posting and mentioning that. I caught that they went for another one in the same building as #3 and that they said it was better. I certainly liked it better. The kitchen and the views were amazing. But I did not catch where they said the price.

Never would my parents have as a deal breaker that I don't care for a certain exposure. Wonder if the son lives in a dorm and gets the same consideration there? His father seemed to talk about it with humor though.
Sure. They didn't mention a final price for the unit they choose in the building with #3 condo. I assume it wasn't over 600k. Since they kept mentioning how much the other two were over their budget.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Thanks for clarifying that. I was flipping back and forth between channels so I must have seen the same condo more than once! That will teach me!

Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,408,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_t View Post
#1 Condo (mixed view) =625k
#2 Condo (city view) = 649k
#3 Condo (harbor view) = 500k

They chose #3. I liked it the best too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
They really lucked out getting a different condo in the complex that gave them both the view they wanted plus better-quality cabinets and counter tops. They really got an ideal view anyone would love.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The ones that continue to make me laugh are the buyers who have nothing good to say about a property and then end up choosing that particular house and claiming it's "Perfect!!" for them . . . and in the final analysis, that house was the one that cost the least.
Remember...the ONLY reality in this show is that these are REAL buyers and a REAL real estate agent.

The buyers have already closed on the house they have chosen (one of the 3) and have to go back to look at two others. The two other homes may not even be ones they considered originally but to keep the story going, there must be 3 homes.

Since there are REAL buyers, they are NOT actors! So...when they go into the homes, they are being told what to say (that is why they all seem to say the same things like..."this is a good space".

"Reality" tv is such a joke!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 PM

297 posts, read 766,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Remember...the ONLY reality in this show is that these are REAL buyers and a REAL real estate agent.

The buyers have already closed on the house they have chosen (one of the 3) and have to go back to look at two others. The two other homes may not even be ones they considered originally but to keep the story going, there must be 3 homes.

Since there are REAL buyers, they are NOT actors! So...when they go into the homes, they are being told what to say (that is why they all seem to say the same things like..."this is a good space".

"Reality" tv is such a joke!
When i first started watching house hunters years ago, they didn't have this contrived format. i think they really did follow potential home buyers during the initial process. i remember one episode in particular-it was in Atlanta and the buyer was a Mom and 2 daughters, they would show some of the houses they toured, and on the bottom they had a note "house #1", etc, the buyers were very picky and i remember there being "house #47" on one of them. i know there were some episodes where the buyers ended up not buying at all-like property virgins sometimes does. i'm guessing that's why they now pick people who are already in contract, so they can show an actual sale and not have to follow people around for 6 months with no payoff. i read somewhere that sometimes when they've signed up a buyer and they have to find 2 other houses to tour, sometimes they even tour the agents house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV